Stock Nav. Radio into Non Nav. Car

Discussion in 'Navigation, Security Systems, & Electrical' started by Balt15Si, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Balt15Si

Balt15Si Member

I've read all the posts about this on here, great stuff, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere about the navigation antenna, so going from a non nav Si, with premium sound system ( sub ) to a navigation radio from another 15Civic, will I need the navigation antenna? Anything else I may be missing?

2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

3. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

4. Balt15Si

Balt15Si Member

Thanks Webby, and where would the security code be for the one that's in the car now? just in case I end up selling it to someone, they will need that right ?

5. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

could be a card stuck in the manual, or commonly a sticker stuck on the side of the glove box. If you don't have it, you can get it from your vin/serial # on the radio

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

6. Balt15Si

Balt15Si Member

Thanks again Webby

7. Balt15Si

Balt15Si Member

I just read the owners manual and it says if the battery is disconnected that it shpushoul be necessary to put a security code in , but the Nav unit I bought does have a security code for it

8. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

I’ve seen others claim a quick battery disconnect didn’t cause issue, but I’d imagine after a certain amount of time it will need it.