STOLEN Valve Caps and I FOUND the A$$HOLE who took them!!

HoustonJohn

Houston, Tx
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Coupe
Okay so here is the background of the story.

My Valve Covers Below

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359482577.715648.jpg

I go to HCC (Houston Community College) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My first class is at 8:00am. Last Tuesday I pulled into the school parking lot around 7:55am with a G37S who was right behind me. There was a corner spot that has a big tree with lots of shade so I backed into the spot. The G37S backs in right next to me and we both are parked butt first under the tree. As I'm getting my books together for class I notice the guy driving the G (Caucasian, buff, in his late 20's) looking at my car through his window. His eyes are focused on my front passenger rim. I didn't think much cause they are flashy so they tend to get many stares. I get all my things and head into the building while he continues to sit in his car. I have 4 classes back to back so I don't get to my car until 2:00pm. When I go back to my car the G37S is gone and I notice my Valve Covers are gone. ALL FOUR OF THEM. I was pissed but at the time I didn't think the G37S took them. Why would someone with a nicer car take my valve covers? So I forget about it and boight the exact same ones the next day. My valve covers are a shiny red/pink color and Ive never seen another car with them.

So today, I was a little late so I didn't get to HCC until around 8:05am. I park far back. As I walk to the building I notice the G37S in a front spot near the building. I pass between his car and I notice my red/pink valve covers on his wheels. When I saw that I was like are you serious? I took a couple pics for proof and went to class.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359482387.476822.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359482409.333477.jpg

Now, I'm in class and I'm trying to figure out how I should approach this. What should I do? Should I take them back? Confront him and ask if he stole them? Notify the officer on campus?

P.S. The G37S has Army Plates so I'm guessing he served. I'm not saying that changes anything but just an FYI.

What a douche...? Take them back and put the stock valve caps on your car for now. Keep the stock caps on your car for a few weeks making the thief realize that the 'stolen caps' are not on your car. What's the guy gonna do? Accuse you for stealing back your valve caps?

No need to approach and confront the guy if you are sure they are yours. Just steal them back and don't keep them on the carfor a few weeks.

That's the thing... I already bought a set of the exact same valve caps and they're on my car as we speak. I maybe ask him to give me the $5 and call it even? I do wanna take them back but I don't want any conflict and things to get worse. They aren't expensive it's just the fact that he touched my car and stole them from me that really irritates me :/

What a douche...? Take them back and put the stock valve caps on your car for now. Keep the stock caps on your car for a few weeks making the thief realize that the 'stolen caps' are not on your car. What's the guy gonna do? Accuse you for stealing back your valve caps?
key your car..... people get killed for that typa shitt here

I'm all for stealing the valves too. If it were me I would probably just slash the tires and mess up his paint out of anger but meh... things could escalate quickly.

There, ofcourse, is a possibility the person saw your valvecovers, liked them, then decided to buy them. Who knows? Unless if you marked the insides of the valvecovers, I wouldn't say anything is conclusive.

Keying someone's car because the op stole back something that is his wouldn't make sense. Lol.

That's the thing... I already bought a set of the exact same valve caps and they're on my car as we speak. I maybe ask him to give me the $5 and call it even? I do wanna take them back but I don't want any conflict and things to get worse. They aren't expensive it's just the fact that he touched my car and stole them from me that really irritates me :/
He didn't think things could get worse, so just superglue them back on his car, and leave it be. He most likely won't notice it for a while. Won't ever suspect its you. A good laugh and karma bites him.

I wouldn't ruin a person's car over stolen valve caps though. Flattening the tires w/o destroying them would be just enough for me.

Back