Straight From Honda About The HFP Suspension

yeah, a few members have also posted their hfp setups here (who own 8ths). Wanted to compare how the 9th was going to turn out.

no problem, as soon as they are complete they will be posted. I was told they are still waiting on one part of the kits to come in...Probably the suspension :(
However I do have the MSRP (CDN) on the HFP Civic SI Navi $28,690.00!!! I wish they would do a sedan this way as well :(

We've got 2 HFP Si's on the local lot here and there isn't a huge difference in height/wheel gap I don't find but the handling is supposed to be greatly improved. I officially ordered my HFP suspension from my dealership today... which means I assume the rest of you can put in an order as well. Honda Canada was showing them as being in stock so I could potentially have it by next Wednesday, however those in-stock ones may be (and likely are) allocated to be shipped out to dealerships as part of a full HFP set-up and those take priority. I should know my Monday evening if I'll be getting it next week or if I'm put on a wait list until all of the full package orders have been fulfilled. I think most dealerships already have their HFP packages so hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. My fingers are crossed! :pray:

FYI: The price I was quoted at my dealership was $889.94 Canadian plus taxes, not including any installation. I know I could eventually find an aftermarket setup for a lot less but patience isn't my greatest virture, lol.

and it shows for over $1100 USD on honda's site (but I guess that would be ordering it installed)

and it shows for over $1100 USD on honda's site (but I guess that would be ordering it installed)
Yes, actually with installation, taxes, plus an alignment they are quoting me $1483 total. Not sure if I'll have them install it or not since labour there is so costly, I was planning too for warranty purposes but the "estimate" for their install is 3 hours (which seems long to me) and then another hour for an alignment so they intend to bill for 4 hours of labour if it's dealer installed.

Are there local shops in your area that would do a nice install? Might be worth a call to see what they see for labor hours and their hourly rate.

FYI: The price I was quoted at my dealership was $889.94 Canadian plus taxes, not including any installation. I know I could eventually find an aftermarket setup for a lot less but patience isn't my greatest virture, lol.
I dont believe you would want to go any cheaper than the HFP setup anyhow only way to go is up.
Yes, actually with installation, taxes, plus an alignment they are quoting me $1483 total. Not sure if I'll have them install it or not since labour there is so costly, I was planning too for warranty purposes but the "estimate" for their install is 3 hours (which seems long to me) and then another hour for an alignment so they intend to bill for 4 hours of labour if it's dealer installed.
Hell fly me up to Canada and i will install for free Easy peasy lemon squeezy..

I dont believe you would want to go any cheaper than the HFP setup anyhow only way to go is up.
Hell fly me up to Canada and i will install for free Easy peasy lemon squeezy..
Haha, depending on where I'm flying you from... it may very well be cheaper to purchase a round-trip plane ticket!

Are there local shops in your area that would do a nice install? Might be worth a call to see what they see for labor hours and their hourly rate.
Friends of mine own a local performance shop and they always did all the work on RSX-S, they charge me easily less than half of what the dealership will. I was just concerned about how warranty would play into all of this if I had it done elsewhere. The Honda employees here always go into "drama" mode if you mention having work done elsewhere on your warrantied car, lol. Though it needs to go into Honda at some point anyways for some warranty work... my lip kit is lifting in a few spots (apparently common on the Canadian cars, the adhesive doesn't like the cold and salt) and I've got an annoying vibrating/rattling noise coming from under the glove box.

Just an update, my HFP suspension arrived yesterday and is getting installed on Monday. So for anyone waiting for its release, you should be able to order your suspension through your dealerships now. I think it was already out in the US but now it's officially available on its own in Canada too.

Haha, depending on where I'm flying you from... it may very well be cheaper to purchase a round-trip plane ticket!

Friends of mine own a local performance shop and they always did all the work on RSX-S, they charge me easily less than half of what the dealership will. I was just concerned about how warranty would play into all of this if I had it done elsewhere. The Honda employees here always go into "drama" mode if you mention having work done elsewhere on your warrantied car, lol. Though it needs to go into Honda at some point anyways for some warranty work... my lip kit is lifting in a few spots (apparently common on the Canadian cars, the adhesive doesn't like the cold and salt) and I've got an annoying vibrating/rattling noise coming from under the glove box.
The only problem you'll have with warranty is the mileage. With any add on accessory or part, the warranty is 12 months. If you have it installed at the dealer, they add 12k miles. (12 months or 12k miles) When installed on your own, it only carries the 12 months warranty. If it's a factory kit, legally they can't say it voided your warranty unless it was installed incorrectly.

Back