Straight From Honda About The HFP Suspension

Based on estore.honda.com different dealers are selling them at different prices. The dealer where I bought my car at and the dealer near home is selling it for MSRP, while the dealer by my university (about 80 miles from home home) is selling it for $758.​

Based on estore.honda.com different dealers are selling them at different prices. The dealer where I bought my car at and the dealer near home is selling it for MSRP, while the dealer by my university (about 80 miles from home home) is selling it for $758.
Not sure if you're in Canada or the US, but mine is Canadian so US prices are likely different as well (usually cheaper).

So maybe I'm not seeing it anywhere, but is anyone sure on if the HFP kit fits the sedans? It only lists it for the coupe, but I dont imagine it's any different from the sedan. Any info?

So maybe I'm not seeing it anywhere, but is anyone sure on if the HFP kit fits the sedans? It only lists it for the coupe, but I dont imagine it's any different from the sedan. Any info?
The struts for the Sedan have different part numbers, so no guarantees that it will work. According to my district rep, they are not releasing the kit for the sedan because of lack of demand.

I called Capitol Honda in San Jose, CA (where I got my Si from) and they told me that the HFP suspension is not available yet, but will be priced around $1100 when it is released. I posted that on the other 9th civic forum and a member there said he works for dealer and that the 8th's HFP suspension was priced around $1000 as well when it was first released. I'm guessing it's around $600 now because it's been out for over 5 years now :scratches:
Everything from the dealership is 10-20% more expensive at the Honda dealership in California. Even their employee discount for parts is still more expensive than what you can get online.

For the 2012 SI, how does the HFP suspension kit from College Hills ($860) compare to the various aftermarket products? Softer, firmer, lower.... anybody with a good guess? Thanks in advance!

For the 2012 SI, how does the HFP suspension kit from College Hills ($860) compare to the various aftermarket products? Softer, firmer, lower.... anybody with a good guess? Thanks in advance!
I've had the HFP suspension on my car for about 4 months now (had the car for 4 months without it, and now another 4 months with it). It is definitely a bit stiffer but not uncomfortably so and it noticably improved the handling, which I wasn't very happy with prior to the suspension upgrade. It is a bit lower as well, but not much. Now that it's had time to settle I'd say about an inch in the front and maybe a tinsy bit more that that in the back.

Appearance-wise, it definitely isn't a noticable drop like the aftermarket products are but overall I'm very happy with the decision to get the HFP suspension. I haven't driven in anything with an aftermarket setup so I can't really compare it to aftermarket ones out there for the 2012 Si's on a driveablity/handling aspect.

I've had the HFP suspension on my car for about 4 months now (had the car for 4 months without it, and now another 4 months with it). It is definitely a bit stiffer but not uncomfortably so and it noticably improved the handling, which I wasn't very happy with prior to the suspension upgrade. It is a bit lower as well, but not much. Now that it's had time to settle I'd say about an inch in the front and maybe a tinsy bit more that that in the back.

Appearance-wise, it definitely isn't a noticable drop like the aftermarket products are but overall I'm very happy with the decision to get the HFP suspension. I haven't driven in anything with an aftermarket setup so I can't really compare it to aftermarket ones out there for the 2012 Si's on a driveablity/handling aspect.
___________Thanks MissE... I am partial to Honda products anyway, but your analysis was perfect. Not only does it handle better but it's not uncomfortably stiff.... exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again. `bruce

Does anybody know if the HFP suspension will fit on the sedan si ?

I see no reason why it wouldn't fit. All of the aftermarket coilover options fit coupe/sedan.

I got mine in July and it's settled a out 1 1/2 in front and a little over that in back.

Does honda install the suspension? There are no specialty shops here at all...

If you wanted to go that route, I would order it through them as well to get a cheaper price. Just make sure they are matching or lower your part price to other Honda Dealerships online like College Hills Honda and not over charging you for the service. So start with how much the part is, then how much the labor is, ask them if thats the final labor price, then price match the part.

Does anybody know if the HFP suspension will fit on the sedan si ?

Head over to Google and search for "HFP Sport Suspension", the poster you're looking for is MaximumSI, on page 58 of the thread. He's installed a HFP suspension on his 2013 Civic Si sedan, no problem.

On another note, I've been told by about 3 Honda dealerships that either it won't fit, or they won't install it because they have to "alter" the sedan. I'm getting it installed in the coming weeks by a local shop, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
Head over to Google and search for "HFP Sport Suspension", the poster you're looking for is MaximumSI, on page 58 of the thread. He's installed a HFP suspension on his 2013 Civic Si sedan, no problem.

On another note, I've been told by about 3 Honda dealerships that either it won't fit, or they won't install it because they have to "alter" the sedan. I'm getting it installed in the coming weeks by a local shop, so I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks everyone!

Back