Street Racing in Vancouver Results in Seizure of Cars Totaling 2 Million+

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Vancouver authorities seize $2M in cars for street racing

vancouver_street_racing_bust.jpg

Authorities in Vancouver have impounded a total of 13 exotic cars valued at more than $2 million after the drivers were spotted reportedly street racing. Amongst others, the collection included a pair of Maserati models, a pair of Mercedes-Benz coupes, a few examples of the mighty Nissan GT-R, an Audi R8, one Ferrari, and a stack of Lamborghini models. Here's the full list:

• 2007 Ferrari 599
  • 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
  • 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
  • 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
  • 2009 Audi R8
  • 2012 Nissan GT-R
  • 2010 Nissan GT-R
  • 2010 Nissan GT-R
  • 2010 Maserati GranTurismo
  • 2010 Maserati GranTurismo
  • 2011 Mercedes SL63 AMG
  • 2011 Mercedes SLS AMG
  • 2005 Aston Martin DB9
The vehicles were spotted rolling along at around 125 miles per hour with two drivers holding up traffic to give the other exotics some space to stretch their legs. Police eventually cornered the racers and began impounding their vehicles. Each driver was cited for driving without due consideration of others.

If all of this weren't strange enough for you, The Vancouver Sun reports that all of the cited drivers were under 20 years old, with most displaying N, or Novice licenses. Summer jobs must pay considerably more than they used to. The vehicles will all be impounded for seven days and the drivers will face a fine of $196 each.

• Staff
Probably worth buying a replacement vehicle while it's in impound

At least they didn't have L tags (learner's permits). Because a N (novice) tag is so much more experienced. These kids and their ultra rich parents are spoiling this beautiful place by driving real estate up to ludicrously expensive levels and treating it like their private playground. Disgusting.

• Staff
is there a predominant company that brings in all of this wealth to the area, ... or there is just a lot of illegal shenanigans going on around vancouver

At least they didn't have L tags (learner's permits). Because a N (novice) tag is so much more experienced. These kids and their ultra rich parents are spoiling this beautiful place by driving real estate up to ludicrously expensive levels and treating it like their private playground. Disgusting.

Sounds like it's time to move to the suburbs.

is there a predominant company that brings in all of this wealth to the area, ... or there is just a lot of illegal shenanigans going on around vancouver

:yeahthat:

only way to get rich is illegal shenanigans... especially in communist Canadia :)

I just think it's a crock of **** how the media declared them guilty (no judge jury trial proof) and no one has any solid evidence of anything lol. I'm not agreeing with what they did but WHERE'S THE PROOF SUGA ?!

really, based of hear say ?

someone is a bit jealous of the "spoiled" kids

Really? Hear say? It is reported they were racing. That's not hear say. That's a fact. (i don't care if they were not found guilty yet)

Jealous? Really?? Come on bro! I'm not jealous. I could care less if mommy and daddy give them expensive cars. I enjoy my Subaru and don't need mommy and daddy to buy me a exotic car. Street Racing is illegal and they should get more than $196 fine and getting back their vehicles after 7 days! It's ****** up!! They could kill someone while racing and then what are mommy and daddy going to do? How they going to get them out of murder charges?!

Why are you defending them?!? Do you think it's right to street race?? psshh.. :unamused:

People move here loaded from their previous locations/lives. They can pay whatever they want for whatever property and thus drive housing inflation to ridiculous levels.

Sounds like it's time to move to the suburbs.

:yeahthat:

I looked at a new 2 bedroom townhome about 45 minutes to 1 hour away from downtown Vancouver (with no traffic). $399000. Even the suburbs are unaffordable. To afford anything even in the $200k range you're either looking at a tiny 600 sq foot apartment an hour away from downtown, or a small house 1 to 1.5 hours away.

only way to get rich is illegal shenanigans... especially in communist Canadia :)

I just think it's a crock of **** how the media declared them guilty (no judge jury trial proof) and no one has any solid evidence of anything lol. I'm not agreeing with what they did but WHERE'S THE PROOF SUGA ?!

Come spend a week or two here and then we'll see how much sympathy you have for these rich spoiled brats.

Really? Hear say? It is reported they were racing. That's not hear say. That's a fact. (i don't care if they were not found guilty yet)

Jealous? Really?? Come on bro! I'm not jealous. I could care less if mommy and daddy give them expensive cars. I enjoy my Subaru and don't need mommy and daddy to buy me a exotic car. Street Racing is illegal and they should get more than $196 fine and getting back their vehicles after 7 days! It's ****** up!! They could kill someone while racing and then what are mommy and daddy going to do? How they going to get them out of murder charges?!

Why are you defending them?!? Do you think it's right to street race?? psshh.. :unamused:
where's the proof ? just sayin...

anyone can accuse anyone of doing anything but where's the proof ? I'll wait hear amused until it is posted

Come spend a week or two here and then we'll see how much sympathy you have for these rich spoiled brats.
I have no sympathy for them, I'm just saying who cares ? there is no evidence of them actually racing then that means they aren't guilty of a thing. Just because they were born rich doesn't mean they can be convicted with no proof, just saying.

Oh 9000... you sir amuse me.. make me laugh. Hahaha

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk because I'm a BOSS! ;)

I agree with you, bootyluvr. Here they'd get much more than that.

I'd like to see more pics of the collection that was impounded though :giggle:

Back