Subwoofer wiring.

Just curious how you ran your power wire and where you put your ground wire.
Ran mine through the main harness grommet in the middle of the firewall, behind the radio/console, above and to the right of the gas pedal. Up and around the pedals, down the drivers side under the plastics, out the back. I only have a 300w mono amp so I only needed 8awg wire.

And it was a bit of a pain getting it through that grommet. But everything tucks away, and if the wire is small enough, there's even a little slot in the stock pos. terminal cover for the wire to fit in. When you open my hood you can't tell there's any extra wires there at all.

How about placement of the inline fuse coming off of the battery?

That should always be no more than a foot away from the battery and away from anything electric to prevent engine noise or electric humm

I am aware of that. I just didn't really see a good location to mount it.

You know what let me check mine real quick it might be right next to the ecu so i know i get no noise so that ecu is protected pretty good
Stick it on with velcro that way if the fuse ever blows just detatch it change out and stick back on

Last edited:
I like the velcro idea! I was concerned about all the electronics being withing that one foot range.

Sorry about the pic man im on my ipad 2 and was kinda dark under my hood tried to light up that spot with a flashlight lol but it'll give you an idea tho
4cb37799a3e65fbd72b1a0e28dfbc5d0_zpsb5698360.jpg

Sorry about the pic man im on my ipad 2 and was kinda dark under my hood tried to light up that spot with a flashlight lol but it'll give you an idea tho

Thanks for the pic! I was actually hoping to hide the wire instead of having it out in the open. Short of putting a wire loom on it, it is bright orange. It is good to know that I don't have to worry about interference with the electronics, though!

I got the power wire ran. I just ended up mounting the fuse in the same place. Thanks again!

I'm going to run 1/0 wire in mine for my 600w amp. It may be overkill, but I will only have to do it once. I have chose to run Black wire as it is easier to conceal under the hood. The only downside is if you need to have it worked on by somebody else, but since I do all my own installs, there's not a chance of that. Once I get off my butt and do it, Ill post some pix up.

How did you tap in your remote wire, im tryn to put mine on a toggle switch but dont kno which fuse to tap off of?

if your after market radio one of the blue wires in the back is for remote both are the same so it dosent matter which you use and if factory radio just tap into one of your fuses in fuse box under your dash and make sure its an ignition fuse not a constant so get a test light and make sure the light ONLY turns on with the ignition turn for that fuse and your all good :rockwoot:
ill take a pic in a little while to get a jist on which fuse to use

Last edited:
Back