subwoofers wont work

check everything fuse under the hood and ground connection
so your saying that you have a switch to your remote wire ?

meaning they were hitting before the fuse blew out ?

check rca's make sure they are connected from source to amp check speaker wires make sure they are connected and at the amp make sure speaker wire arent touching one another like -/+ because that can cause the amp to go in protection mode so a channel dosent get blown

yeah they were hitting fine then I went and met my girlfriend last Saturday to give her something she ordered and half way home I relized my subs wernet hitting but my switch was turned on and I checked my fuse and it was blown so I ordered a new one and I just put it on this morning and I started my car and turned my aux on and I turned my switch waited few seconds and nothing happened I turn my switch my amp comes on tho

Start from scratch. Look at all wire connections. Sounds like you speaker wires have come loose or your loc is not working.

thats weird bro make sure all connection in your trunk is ok because if its moving around in there as you drive somthing can come loose it happens to everyone .....if still nothing grab a 9 volt battery with a little peice of speaker wire and unplug the speaker wires at the box for the subs and plug in the little peice on each side and make the other end touch the 9 volt and see if the subs pop in and out that will tell you that they are still working and if they dont do that voice coils might be shot .

yup or your loc if thats what your running or head unit check sub level preout too if your running an after market radio

But like FLIP said pick an end and work your way to the other checking everything...

I am guessing bad wire layout. What size power wire are you running? When a fuse blows it means 1 or two things. Bad fuse or something else bad in the wiring.

Last edited:
I am guessing bad wire layout. What size power wire are you running? When a fuse blows it means 1 or two things. Bad fuse or something else bad in the wiring.
4 guage wire.... I had the bad wire layout before this because I have 10 guage and my fuses kept blowing and such and yeah......so I did 4 guage wire

ive seen people run 4000 watt systems on 10 guage wire with no probs so if it keeps happening that wire is getting caught somwhere and arc-ing which is bad ...but i dont think you have that prob tho...your just gonna have to trouble shoot from one end to another bro..and like always i bet its somthing so simple you might go :pat: like we all do lol

ive seen people run 4000 watt systems on 10 guage wire with no probs so if it keeps happening that wire is getting caught somwhere and arc-ing which is bad ...but i dont think you have that prob tho...your just gonna have to trouble shoot from one end to another bro..and like always i bet its somthing so simple you might go :pat: like we all do lol
Wow that is crazy! Those wires must of got fn' hot! I would never put that in a car I was driving. I could see it now, play some dubstep and about 2 minutes in after the bass drop you smell burning plastic. Then fire.

Last edited:
I know I prob will .......no I had 10 guage wire and 50 dollar 400 watt walmart amp and my fuses kept blowing ....but it ran fine in my old civic before I got my 9th gen so I don't know....alright

that person was running a 5 farad capacitor so heated wire wasent really an issue the cap slowly draws power from the battery and stores the power so when the amp needs that big bump its drawing in from the cap not the battery and shooting it through that wire constantly and also takes care of the infomous headlight dim everytime the bass hits ...anything over 2000 watts a cap should be used trust me it'll make your altinator last alil longer and a deep cycle battery like optime wont hurt either . :thumb:

one farad for each 1000 watts running the stereo hope that helps

Yaaay 600 lol

Last edited:
Back