Suspension Upgrade

Michelins pilot super sport and bfgoodrichs comp 2 are definitely canidates though the comp 2 are cheaper but I also wanted tires that can get all that power to the floor no problem and I know I'm not running like 220hp at the wheels(getting more power mods) and I heard soft tires don't do a good job at that but they should be enough for mostly a stock Si but for future reference I wanted to know what kind of tire would that be best for.
If you stick with the stock 17" SI wheel the Michelin PSSs are dirt cheap, about $160 - $170. (NOT so dirt cheap for the 18" wheel... add $100/tire, with no reported performance gain) Think I saw $154 at TireRack.com.... again, for the 17", probably 225/45/17. For a 30,000 mile tire of this caliber that's tough to beat. I have yet to put them on my SI... But! ... on my much heavier '09 Accord, one with no suspension upgrade, they stick like glue.

While they're understandably worthless in snow, they're surprisingly capable in the wet (second only to the Conti) and unbelievably grippy on good ole' terra firma ("dry land" in Latin) -- I have yet to break them loose even when loaded down with 4,000+lbs of car and cargo. As Car and Driver noted, their grip isn't "linear"....'they seem to dig-in and bite harder and harder the more you push them.' Now is that our kind of tire or what?!
With tires like that.........:hitit: :vtec:

Last edited:
They were actually a great price, < $1300/set from a Firestone dealer.
_________
Dang, that is good... $325 for a tire the size of Texas.
But did see (in the background) what you're putting those bad boys on... an absolute beast of a cornering machine. See you on The Dragon. :)

you goin bruce?
Yo, Nix... thanks for asking. I am sooo tempted... would love to. Just so you know it's not exactly around the corner for me (2690 miles to be exact, one way) but it IS on the top of my Bucket List. Is this the year to go, with a new Si equipped with a Progress 22mm? Sure should be. Tell me, what are the chances of putting together a real choice group here from the 9th? That would make it all worthwhile.

You've got to be closer than I am... can you spare a week in September to drift between ping pong and, well, drifting?

Hahaha I am definitely going to be there in my slow 8th gen. Im a short 850 miles away. 13-ish hours I believe.

I saw your info said Sacramento. That's definitely a haul. I've never met anyone from the site in person but seems like such a good group I can't wait.

Hahaha I am definitely going to be there in my slow 8th gen. Im a short 850 miles away. 13-ish hours I believe.

I saw your info said Sacramento. That's definitely a haul. I've never met anyone from the site in person but seems like such a good group I can't wait.
Nix, my man, you know there's absolutely nothing wrong with your 8th gen (wish i had one myself) so none of this negative stuff....the 8th gen is last great Screamer, and it's still fairly new given Honda's legendary reliability. That said, if you're curious after 'low end torque' you are more than welcome to have your way with my 9th gen si. Just have her back before midnight.

For me it's just a matter of getting out there... essentially a 4-day drive each way, something not easy at my advanced age. I'm going to need one stiff drink when i get there, probably crutches, a hug from all the girls, and the requisite ping pong paddle. Then a paramedic.

Thanks for starting my engines... i'll get to work on this and keep you posted.

:hitit:

Cool man! Sounds good.

I have an LX, mileage mileage mileage. Lots of handling mods though. Looking into the Jackson Supercharger when its finally available.

Last edited:
Cool man! Sounds good.

I have an LX, mileage mileage mileage. Lots of handling mods though. Looking into the Jackson Supercharger when its finally available.

For a non-si? Yes. Simply because it adds a decent amount of power and still allows you to maintain your mileage if you drive carefully. I put about 20k a year on my car up until recently so I had to get something efficient.

For SI? Hondata. Then the RRC or RBC intake manifold and a huge intake seem to make the most gains.

For a non-si? Yes. Simply because it adds a decent amount of power and still allows you to maintain your mileage if you drive carefully. I put about 20k a year on my car up until recently so I had to get something efficient.

For SI? Hondata. Then the RRC or RBC intake manifold and a huge intake seem to make the most gains.
_______
dude, is there no limit to your massive knowledge base? I have the SI coupe in red... with the FlashPro, which didn't do anything but provide a rev-hang solution. (I have yet to have it tuned) I'll definitely look into the intake... thanks for the tip!

Hahaha thanks bruce! I just have lots of time to read and research. Id like to get an Si, or at least something faster than what I currently have, so I read every build thread I can. I'm also able to idle the forum at work constantly so im on here like 24hrs a day.

If I end up in a 9thgen I already have my build list ready to go.

Ok so I'm currently concentrating on upgrading my whole suspension and I want to track my car and make it oversteer or reduce under steer as much as possible, so far I have my rear sway bar installed and I have a front sway bar but not installed yet and I'm debating whether or not to install it because I've done a little bit of research and seems like I shouldn't due to it eliminating the purpose to the rear sway bar and inducing under steer all over again. I know these is stupid lol but the installation paper did say the soft setting on the sway bar(I ordered the eibach set) will reduce under steer and if it does I do want to install it.

The other thing I wanted to to was SPRINGS and was looking into eibach sportlines though people have said that they have called eibach and they have not actually released them though some vendors are already selling it sooo ????

Lastly TIRES, I can't seem to find a good review on any tires for our cars, any suggestions?
Where did you get the front sway bar at? I'm doing the same thing pretty much...
track/ weekend warrior/ autox - +1, bro! :D

Also if I got springs to lower my car which I really want to, how long would I be fine until my dampers start dying out, I would get coilovers within the year so I think I would be good even if I am driving my car hard around the twisties correct?

_______
dude, is there no limit to your massive knowledge base? I have the SI coupe in red... with the FlashPro, which didn't do anything but provide a rev-hang solution. (I have yet to have it tuned) I'll definitely look into the intake... thanks for the tip!
Wouldn't 'more air' (the intake manifold) need to be matched with more fuel, ie., larger injectors? Then a good tune, naturally, thanks for FP. Surely somebody has already configured their K-engine in this manner. Seems like an incredibly cheap way to go. I saw the manifold for just a couple hundred.... but what about the injectors?

I think up to around 300-350hp the stock fuel pump & your stock injectors are not at full duty cycle and should be able to handle a few upgrades before they need to be replaced or upgraded. I think they should be able to handle the RRC/RBC manifold with matched throttle body (ZDX, J35, or similar), with a downpipe, intake, and exhaust. VitViper is definitely the guy to ask. He is very knowledgeable about what limits are on the engine as far as tuning goes. (ex: at what point you'll need new injectors)

(Those are pretty much the parts I would go for if I get into an si anytime soon. Also catted RV6 DP and 3" Fullrace exhaust)

Last edited:
Back