Swap out 2014 i-Mid for 2012-2013

Pir8pete

I would like to have my wallpaper option back in my 2014 Si that I did in my 2012 Si and 2013 Si and wondering if all the plugs/pin out would be the same, then I could just do a swap.

Although I will never claim to be an expert on this subject... When the honda dealership pulled my 7" Display Audio system out of my car it had about 11 connectors. Although I cannot prove it, I believe the actual head unit (7" Display Audio) system actually controls the iMid display system. I remember the Dealership Tech mentioning that the insides of the 14 are totally different than the 13". He went on to say that everything seems to connect to the stereo in the 14's where as the 13's had a number of control units behind the stereo. I hope I am wrong, but I figured you can appreciate a 14 EX-L's point of view. I too would love to have the wall paper feature on the iMid system, but I have given up on that one some time ago. I hope you find your answer soon @Pir8pete

I know this is somewhat of an old post, but you cannot get wallpaper on the iMID screen in a 2014 or later Civic with the DisplayAudio stereo. Swapping out the iMID display does nothing because the stereo determines where to display the wallpaper. The iMID is nothing but a secondary display for the stereo. So you are stuck with the wallpaper on the big 7" Display on the stereo, unless you wanted to yank the stereo and try to install 2013 stereo components, but that would just be stupid and very expensive.

Back