Swapping OE Sway Bars for Optimal Handling

So much bad info on the internet. Bottom line is this... increase size of rear sway bar from stock and it will make the car faster through corners (handle better). If you increase front and rear from stock, it will make the car corner flatter but not necessary improve it's speed through the corner.

So, if you want a better handling and make your Civic faster through corners, increase the rear but do NOT increase the front. Anyone who says you should increase the front better give me a very good reason why other than to keep the tire's contact patch on the ground because that's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Now if it's a RWD car, that's different.... but the Civic ain't that.

Chris
So what's your reasoning that increasing the frt will slow it down TTC's.? I'd like some tech reason if you can explain it. Frt wheels drive is new to me.

So much bad info on the internet. Bottom line is this... increase size of rear swaybar from stock and it will make the car faster through corners (handle better). If you increase front and rear from stock, it will make the car corner flatter but not necessary improve it's speed through the corner.

So, if you want a better handling and make your Civic faster through corners, increase the rear but do NOT increase the front. Anyone who says you should increase the front better give me a very good reason why other than to keep the tire's contact patch on the ground because that's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Now if it's a RWD car, that's different.... but the Civic ain't that.

Chris

Nobody is disagreeing. You're absolutely right. What I was suggesting, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that a 22mm rear bar on a car with a 15mm stock sized bar may really be tough for people to handle. So swapping out the front bar for a 2mm larger bar may help with turn-in and retaining the factory balance.

Back