Swerve?

Shawn855

Hey guys,

I noticed that when going speeds above 90km/h that my 2013 Civic ls kinda swerves left/right a little bit. Nothing major...it just seems like its a battle to keep the car going perfectly straight...even if I'm on a straight road. Is this just a regular thing with the civics?

Needs larger rear sway bar. It will help the car settle down a lot. I noticed this with my car on the highway at speed as well. Some of it is from the tires being a bit soft. Not air pressure wise but sidewall softness to make the ride quiet and comfortable.

Being behind large trucks it was very noticeable.

If my car battled me to keep going perfectly straight, I would first get a full alignment. In most cases, I should be able to let go of my steering wheel, and it remains where I leave it. Of course the exception are roads where the surface is pitched towards the outside to allow drainage.

Besides the annoyance of fighting with the car, I would be more concerned about having to replace tires early because of excessive wear.

I have noticed that I have to pay a little closer attention now days, I think the electric power steering does not give as much feed back as the hydraulic systems did.

Hey guys,

I noticed that when going speeds above 90km/h that my 2013 Civic ls kinda swerves left/right a little bit. Nothing major...it just seems like its a battle to keep the car going perfectly straight...even if I'm on a straight road. Is this just a regular thing with the civics?

As Kenny said let go of the wheel and see if it does it, then you'll know if it's you or the car.

If it's the car, go with the thicker rear sway bar(Nix), check the air in the tyres & the alignment.

If it's you try keeping your hands on the lower part of the steering wheel(not so tipsy), and loosen up on the grip.

Mine does seem to slightly 'tramline' especially when it is windy out. Bumping up the tires a few psi all the way around seemed to help out on a long trip. The effect isn't as noticeable around town at lower speeds but is when you get out on the open road at higher speeds.

Yea I notice this as well, first at highway speeds with the windows down. I don't think anything is wrong with your car. I don't know how long you've owned it but it is probably just adjusting to the new ride because it doesn't bother me anymore.

Reactions: Nix
Back