Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

The 35% looks great but I don't know what sort of hassle the local cops will give you. 70 is very very light. That's all. Just be aware of what you're getting into. Worst case, you get a ticket and have to remove it.

Reactions: Tak
The SiriMoto spacer and gasket does not require cutting of any kind. It is a 100% direct bolt on part. :)
Thanks @PRO Civic
I may get this instead of P2R then.
Do you think there's a problem with K&N 69 intake? Do I need two gaskets if I install with K&N 69 intake?
Thanks

Hello guys

I noticed a strange thing going on in last two weeks. It seems that there is a hesitation. I notice the imid where we see the mpg shows up a few seconds late when i turn on the engine. I remember it should be instantaneous. It seems all other dash boards show up fine except that imid. That imid shows empty. Then a few seconds later, it shows the mpg.

What's up with this? Can it be something going bad? Battery, spark plug, fuel filter, etc? Or it's just a simple reset of the mpg indicator?

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
I don't think anything is wrong. Mine is the same.

It takes a few seconds for the PCM to read what your mpg is. It needs to evaluate run time and fuel usage to get a reading. At start there are no values to make a determination.

Well...at the time you replied my message, my civic was disabled on a local street. What happened was I parked my car temporarily for two minutes to get some food. I turned off the engine and had the emergency light on. When I came back, she's disabled. My jump start battery charger was also out of battery. Bad day. I just called road side assistance and am waiting......
14481734_10155203747879240_8955640919125825979_o.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. That blows. Hondas have a history of bad batteries. I put a new battery in after less than 3 years.

Reactions: Tak
Road side assistance was able to jump start. But the battery should be somewhat new. I replaced it about a year ago. The road assistance's guy said that the battery may be probably weak.

Is your battery the original?
@webby
No, a new replacement. I called Honda service center. They checked the record and said I replaced it about a year and half ago. It should be still covered under the warranty. However, the techs have to test it first prior to replacing it.

Did the battery get weakened and it's a lemon, or the alternator start failing? My car only has 34000 miles though.

Did you figure out what's wrong? I just got stuck at the grocery store. Looks like I have a bad ground. I'm on my way home now to investigate.

Did you figure out what's wrong? I just got stuck at the grocery store. Looks like I have a bad ground. I'm on my way home now to investigate.
No. I'm unable to find out. Everything seems to be fine. The battery is checked fine too. Maybe she's mad when I wanted to start saving $ to get the new coming Civic Type R....
What happened to your car? She left you stranded too because you might potentially get a new civic?

Lol. Seems that way. It was my fault. I was doing some work and I didn't check my grounding cable connection. It had gotten a little corroded and I ignored it. 90,000 miles and 5 years has taken a toll. A little sandpaper and everything is good to go.

Hello guys,

I want to dress up the engine bay. Here are something I want to do

1. Radiator cap
2. Oil cap
3. Engine cover

What are the brands & website I can buy them from? For example, Skunk2 radiator cap and oil cap for 9th gen R18?

Thanks,

Tak

Back