Taking the plunge on retrofit!

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys I'm posting because I have two options. I'm here in NJ and I am planning on buying my retrofit kit tonight. I have a few questions though.

I have a 2014 civic sedan exl w/nav and i'm planning on buying the Mini H1 retrofit from theretrofitsource.com

My questions are.
1-I want to use Iris shroud instead, will that fit my civic with no problems or should I stick with the standard?
2-if I put the headlights back on and notice the cut off line angles up on the outer parts, or angle down, will this be something easy to fix or will it need to be fixed before i seal it back up.
3-Anyone in NJ have this done to their car that wouldn't mind helping a member out?
My civic is my baby (as many members can relate) I just don't want to mess up my car.

Thanks

1-I want to use Iris shroud instead, will that fit my civic with no problems or should I stick with the standard?

You can use them but you might need to do some trimming to fit them.

2-if I put the headlights back on and notice the cut off line angles up on the outer parts, or angle down, will this be something easy to fix or will it need to be fixed before i seal it back up.

What I would normally do is, bake the headlight open, place everything in the rear half of the headlight without using the headlights clear lense(the front half). Place the rear half with all your retro stuff on the car and then align everything. Once you feel comfortable with how everything sits, lock it in place. Remove the headlights and seal them back up.

Ok I'm placing my order. I guess I'm so anal about getting it done eighth I prefer a pro. To do it. I'm not going to name any names but I got a quote from an installer in NJ for $750+ for labor and addition $125 if he installs them on my car. That's INCLUDING me giving him the mini H1 retrofit package. I don't doubt their work but I feel like a bit too much. If they charge $100 an hour labor then it means it takes them 7 hours. That's what a noob takes with no experience. Idk.

Anyway I have heard good things about HID illusions and their price seems a LOT better. I was wondering if anyone has had good success with them. They are like 40 minutes away, I wouldn't mind dropping buy. What do you guys think?

Rich at hidillusionz has probably done more retros than anyone in the industry. He did one for me back in the day, and he's done a ton of 8th/9th gen civics.

Just as a heads up to the members, lightwerkz website is having a sale. Anything over $150 I think is 15% off plus free shipping! I ordered my mini H1 retrofit kit! Now time to save up for installation later

Back