TeeEyeVany's '12 Civic Si Coupe

So I finally put my new wheels on and yesterday was nice enough to clean my car inside and out... it started to snow a little bit on me while I was washing but it cleared off pretty nice in the afternoon so I went and took this

Puts on new wheels. Snaps and posts a picture. Can barely see the wheels...

Thinking about getting some springs when I get back from vacation to get rid of that awful wheel gap...not sure if I'll go with Eibach Pro kit or H&R Sport Springs

I don't want to go too low because the roads around here are terrible and I have to drive this car in the winter

Thinking about getting some springs when I get back from vacation to get rid of that awful wheel gap...not sure if I'll go with Eibach Pro kit or H&R Sport Springs

I don't want to go too low because the roads around here are terrible and I have to drive this car in the winter

Coilovers? If the roads are as horrible as you say, you may end up replacing shocks a lot earlier than you might expect. At that point, you may as well have just bought coilovers in the beginning over springs.

Coilovers? If the roads are as horrible as you say, you may end up replacing shocks a lot earlier than you might expect. At that point, you may as well have just bought coilovers in the beginning over springs.

That's true...I was considering coilovers but I'll have to wait until next year in order to afford them...probably be worth it in the long run though

Or a Spring/Strut combo. The wheels look great.

Pretty much any springs with Koni Yellow struts. But the Konis will run you like $500-$600. On top of that, you'll need to get camber arms (even with coilovers). I think a full spring/strut suspension will cost you about $800-$900 (spring/strut/camber kits) which is a few hundred bucks lower than coilovers with camber kits.

Thanks for the info! I'll see how much extra money I have kicking around after my semester and I get back from Florida for vacation

Well, there is your problem. You are spending coilover money on a vacation to Florida! :stickpokesmiley:

Another option is HFP suspension. I don't think you'll need camber kits for this.

Finally decided to give my engine bay and under my hood a MUCH needed cleaning!

Before: (I forgot to take a picture before I started so here is one that was from last summer)

After: (Still needs a bit of work)

Last edited:
Nice! Haven't seen an update from you in a while!

A full koni/spring setup with all new parts and strut fab with camber arms will run you about $1450 from Redshift. Koni's require some heavy modification of the front strut. That price includes new ones so you will have no down time with your car.

I don't live as far north as you but I was concerned that the threads on coilovers would get eaten and destroyed by salt/sand/winter conditions so I opted for the spring/strut setup instead. I don't think you would have an issue with either the eibach or H&R drop in the winter.

The new HFP suspension apparently offers about the same drop now at just over an inch. For less than $1000 it includes the stiffer struts and is a great way to go for a DD.

A full koni/spring setup with all new parts and strut fab with camber arms will run you about $1450 from Redshift. Koni's require some heavy modification of the front strut. That price includes new ones so you will have no down time with your car.

I don't live as far north as you but I was concerned that the threads on coilovers would get eaten and destroyed by salt/sand/winter conditions so I opted for the spring/strut setup instead. I don't think you would have an issue with either the eibach or H&R drop in the winter.

The new HFP suspension apparently offers about the same drop now at just over an inch. For less than $1000 it includes the stiffer struts and is a great way to go for a DD.

Thanks! Yea I've been pretty busy with work and what not lately...I was thinking the same thing about the coilovers as well... My buddy has a set on his VW Rabbit and they are a b*tch to lower back down after the winter...I've been hit with some unexpected expenses in the past little bit so I may need to hold off until next summer to do some suspension work on my car :(

I hear ya man. $$ is always a huge consideration. You'll get decent life out of the stock struts if you just wanna run a spring for a little while. Springs are only a couple hundred. I ran eibach prokits for a while on the stock struts. They were fine. Same with H&R's.

Nice TeeEyeVany. I need to clean my engine bay too. Lol. How did you clean yours? I'll use a degreaser (sometimes) and use a foam gun. Then a good rinse with a hose and sprayed dry with an air compressor. ABS and alternator covered.

A bunch of 8th owners go with the Koni Orange for the front bc it's less of a hassle than cutting the stock struts. But they lose the ability to harden the dampening.

Reactions: Nix
Nice TeeEyeVany. I need to clean my engine bay too. Lol. How did you clean yours? I'll use a degreaser (sometimes) and use a foam gun. Then a good rinse with a hose and sprayed dry with an air compressor. ABS and alternator covered.

A bunch of 8th owners go with the Koni Orange for the front bc it's less of a hassle than cutting the stock struts. But they lose the ability to harden the dampening.

I ended up using Spray Nine and a good brush and some cloths...took some time but it wasn't hard and looks way better! I still need to do some work but I got through the majority of it!

Back