Test Your Internet Speed.

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by iluvmycsx, May 26, 2011.

1. mySIck

mySIck Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    I had a 25 series guy in my unit make it years back for practice and it has held up well over years. I am just wondering maybe I can get more out of it if I upgrade to something that is not military grade.

2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Is the cable just being used to go between the modem to a router? Like a short patch cable basically or?

3. mySIck

mySIck Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    I am only using it to hardwire my Xbox and another to my TV. I currently have Modem/router combined that TWC gave me but looking to buy one to replace it. I thought about getting one the Nighthawk combos.

4. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

It’s highly unlikely that you’d get any difference from a cat6 cable (unless your cable has issues). Seeing as how your speeds are going way up/down, I think you have a service/hardware related issue. Short distance cat6 can do 10 gigabit, but it’s not normal to even find routers that can supply those speeds. Normally you’ll just find gigabit routers in stores/online. Even if you did get a router to support 10 gigabit speeds, you’re not sending internet traffic that fast to the Xbox etc.

bootyluvr likes this.