That Si! - SThompson86 Build

sthompson86

Pearl, MS
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
Allright! I got my 2013 Black Si Sedan back in July, and the ball is slowly starting to turn on some mods.

My goal with the car is to do a mild/functional JDM build (Yes I am a fan boy) In the end though this car is my daily driver.

*already removed front dealer tag*

Current Mods:
Takeda Intake
Invidia N1 Cat Bat Exhaust
Red Painted Calipers
Spoon Reservoir Covers.
Intake Resonator Delete.
Neo Chrome Tow Hook
Blackworks Racing Neo Chrome Shiftknob
Red "H" Badges

Future Mods:
HFP Suspension
Rear Sway Bar
Bronze Wheels of some sort ( Next year )
Header

There will be smaller things done in between these bigger mods.

At this point I am tempted to plasti dip my stock wheels bronze, but nervous of it. Wife says its cheap, and I cant really disagree.. but its so simple, and the end result can look real good.

Nevertheless, I will probably keep this first post updated with pics Vs. scattering them through out the thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What do yall think about plasti-dipping my wheels? I really want to stay away from doing it if its very easy to chip and requires special care to wash, and from what I have read everything I just said is true.

Purchased the silencer for Invidia N1 the day after I installed the exhaust. I love the tone of it without silencer, but for daily driving it was drawing more attention than I wanted. The silencer gives the exhaust a nice tone that I feel is not annoying to normal motorist.

My uncle has had his audis wheels plasti dipped for a while now. He only used one can for all 4 and it still looks good. No chips. Doesnt do anything special to take care of it. I'd say go for it. If you don't like it peel it off. I peeled mine off and while doing so realized the stuff is really strong and sticks really well.

What do yall think about plasti-dipping my wheels? I really want to stay away from doing it if its very easy to chip and requires special care to wash, and from what I have read everything I just said is true.
Go for it. Best thing about Plastidip is that it's never permanent. You can experiment with different colors too. Give it a try then peel it off if you don't like it

It seems most people I see plasti dipping their wheels eventually end up buying aftermarket ones...
I personally don't really like the OEM wheel plasti dipped look.
If u dont care much for the factory ones, change em' out. Just my opinion...

It seems most people I see plasti dipping their wheels eventually end up buying aftermarket ones...
I personally don't really like the OEM wheel plasti dipped look.
If u dont care much for the factory ones, change em' out. Just my opinion...

I decided to just wait, and get aftermarket wheels.

Last edited:
You can wash plasti dipped wheels with a soft sponge and soap.

Made some purchases today.

Neo Chrome rear tow hook : I figure it will kinda work in conjunction with the Ti Tip Invidia N1

Red Honda Badges back and front

Blackworks Neo Chrome Type Style shift knob - Heavy one.

Will have pics as I install the items.

Back