The Google+ project: A quick look

At first I didn't get it. But now I totally do!

People didn't listen to me when I wanted to let them in before and now since all their friends are joining they want in.. :pat:

I was just sitting here and had a tab open with facebook pulled up. I received a message. I responded to said message. After a short discussion there was some confusion so I looked at the timestamp. May 23rd. I just received a message from May 23rd.

Facebook is too bloated now. I've only been using Google+ for a few days now and it already seems to be infinitely better than facebook at this point.

Here is a list of 10 things that I reiterate to my friends to show what G+ has over Facebook:
  1. Edit posts that are already published. No more typos!
  2. Categorize your friends. Put business and personal in separate circles and life may be a bit easier (see next point).
  3. Share to specific people (circles) only. Keep those party photos hidden to your co-workers, but talk about that crazy night with your friends.
  4. Warn about being tagged in a photo. No more embarrassing photos. You have control on what pictures you’re tagged in.
  5. Only add those that you want to. On Facebook, you become friends with one add. On G+ both of you need to add each other (à la Twitter).
  6. Easy private messages. Just +ThereName (like Facebook and Twitter’s @ – @ThereName) and remove sending the status to “Public” and you just sent a private message.
  7. Disable comments or resharing of your posts. Helps keep those private messages, private.
  8. Photo editing right in G+. Upload a picture and use Picnik right on Google+ to add some effects or remove redeye in your photos. MySpace Angles 2.0 anybody?
  9. Sparking a conversation. With the power of the Google search engine, Sparks lets you find interesting articles, blog posts or stats to share with your circles. When Google opens this up more, it will be even better. Think reddit or digg but in G+.
  10. Video Hangout. Chat with your circles with your web cam. A cam chat with a friend on vacation right from G+ is awesome. (Facebook did add Skype video calling, but Google+ had it first!)
There you have it, 10 things I tell my friends to convince them to join Google+. It’s worked on a few, but the lack of their friends on Google+ doesn’t help matters too much.
Can you think of anything else that G+ can do but Facebook can’t? Or how about the other way around?

Article from: http://thatshortguy.com/2011/07/10-google-facebook/

g6QB0.sized.png

I bet plenty will stay with fb though

Facebook is getting so overrun with those stupid video scams that are posting all over other gullible user's accounts. It's ridiculous

Back