The Mugen CRZ Is Here

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

The Mugen CRZ Is Here

These are the first official images of Honda's "hardcore" hybrid, the Mugen CR-Z, revealed ahead of its scheduled public debut at this summer's Goodwood Festival of Speed. And yup, the new model tuned by Mugen's UK performance division looks pretty much the same as when it was leaked in 2009.

Although it's currently a one-off, Honda sources suggest that a limited production run remains a possibility. The Mugen CR-Z uses the regular car's 1.5-litre petrol motor, but it's been supercharged and retuned to produce 50 per cent more power and torque. Mugen claims an overall figure of 197 bhp and 181 lb ft — and those figures will be improved further by a contribution from a re-calibrated version of the CR-Z's IMA electric motor. Honda has yet to announce any official performance figures.

Those should be the stock performance numbers.. that wing is awful too. Give me a 300+hp CR-Z and I'd consider putting my money down.

dope... but hopefully it won't flop like the Mugen Si did in the grand scheme of things in regards to price vs. whatcha get. 197 ponies from a hybrid AIN'T too shabby though :D

btw.... Blaze Orange Metallic picture here? or perhaps Orange Revolution Metallic? hmmmmmm :think:
definitely not the '12 Civic Si hue of orange (Sunburst Orange Pearl) b/c it's not dark enough and lacks depth and luster. def a lot more red in the new orange upcoming.

edit: new wallpaper material on the work cpu tmrw fosho! :drooling:

• Staff
Maybe if there is enough public demand, mugen will think about offering it

^Intriguing to think about. The hybrid trend remains strong, and I'm sure some of its consumers wouldn't mind putting down the extra dough for some more performance. A 1:10 or better power-to-weight ratio is a veddy nice thing :D

Back