The Official New England Chat/Event Thread

I have a white 8th gen and I have some areas that aren't scratched but have that dark line appearance. It's almost like it's a type of bruise on the paint. If it's a scratch there isn't much you can do about it. I have found that using clay and a paint cleaner will at least lessen the appearance by removing the dirt embedded in the scratch. If it's just transfer then those products will remove the "stain."

Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you a piece of clay, some clay lube, & a small container of a decent paint cleaner you can try.

BtownSi Is the scratch on metal, such as the door? If so make sure after cleaning it with the above method you use touch up paint, otherwise it'll rust.

i dont remember any booklet of coupons. where would it have been put?

You know what, if I remember correctly it's mailed to you. I didn't sign up for anything extra and it showed up. So unless they told you otherwise, you should get one.

You know what, if I remember correctly it's mailed to you. I didn't sign up for anything extra and it showed up. So unless they told you otherwise, you should get one.
weird. this friday will be two months that i've had it and i havent gotten anything like that. I wont be able to do anything to it until at least this coming weekend due to my work schedule.

weird. this friday will be two months that i've had it and i havent gotten anything like that. I wont be able to do anything to it until at least this coming weekend due to my work schedule.

It's been two months already!? WTH it seems like you just bought it lol.

hahaha i know right. bought it 1 feb. times flying. but thats why im even more upset bout it, since i havent even had it that long.

hahaha i know right. bought it 1 feb. times flying. but thats why im even more upset bout it, since i havent even had it that long.

:rotfl: I was the same way when I was getting the mail. I got caught up reading something that I let off the brake and rolled back enough to scratch my whole mirror cover. Luckily the cap pops right off. Now I have a nice dent on my rear driver's side door because people are careless and don't know how to open their own doors.

Nah, I just do detailing as a side hobby. Nothing major. Washes, waxes, paint correction. Friends and family mostly. Couple paid jobs.

I don't do any of the real fancy stuff like wet sanding or paintless dent removal though.

yeah? like im at a community colege now just finishing up a liberal arts degree then looking in to auto body / collision repair

Went to one of those local Worcester car meets that they have every Monday, it was a good time. Not many Hondas mine being the only si a lot of subies. There were about 25 people maybe 17 cars. It was a little weird I was the only one who didn't know someone but they did there best to make me feel welcome. I will be attending more often now!!

Back