The Rare Breed...

Brandt

Dr.Gonzo
Houston
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
FG3
I guess you could say this is a bit of a "roll call" for anyone else besides myself with the glorious 2012 Civic EX Coupe. I'd like to get a pool of us on a thread somewhere to discuss mods and other ideals because...let's face it, I see a lot of the Si and EX-L models all over the place, especially the 4-doors, but us EX Coupes are few and far between..or so it seems at least to me anyways. I tried to search for a thread like this, but still haven't seen one, so if one already exists then I apologize in advance lol. So, if you're a fellow coupe R18Z1 owner, let us know :) What have you already done to yours and/or what do you have planned for the future? As for me, mine is all stock atm, and I'm tryin to keep most of it a bit of a surprise, but I do have some ideas I would like to have your opinions on such as color schemes and such. It's raining right now, or I'd throw up some pics of my own for you guys, so that will have to be tomorrow...I know..excuses, excuses..

Not sure if this is where a thread like this goes, so if it's out of place, please re-locate :)

Welcome....... The only mod I've done that effects my Coupe is a rear sway bar, by "Progress"(22mm). The rest of my mods are for looks and comfort.

zx8dbk.jpg

s15mps.jpg

2yxrj3n.jpg

This hood is a photo shopped look I'm thinking about doing, was thinking of just a darker silver as well and if so painting the grill to match.
1zb5ssi.jpg

23w8k92.jpg

2mea451.jpg

dh5q38.jpg

28rjgwj.jpg

10zws5u.jpg

thanks man, that's pretty awesome, that dash cover and seat covers go well with everything. I am planning on doing the trim tubing as well in the doors and other places, and I was going to use the red like you did, but red isn't really my favorite color so I'm trying to think up some other colors that will mesh well with the silver and greyness that is everywhere in our cars lol luckily the grey is pretty neutral. My favorite color is green, and I like what twitch did with his green machine, but how well does the green go with the silver bullet..hmmm.

thanks man, that's pretty awesome, that dash cover and seat covers go well with everything. I am planning on doing the trim tubing as well in the doors and other places, and I was going to use the red like you did, but red isn't really my favorite color so I'm trying to think up some other colors that will mesh well with the silver and greyness that is everywhere in our cars lol luckily the grey is pretty neutral. My favorite color is green, and I like what twitch did with his green machine, but how well does the green go with the silver bullet..hmmm.

Before I started adding colours, my 1st choice was going to be green, but couldn't find the things I wanted in that colour, so I went with Orange(that's not red you see, in real time it's orange(except for the caliper covers, they're red). I think green would look nice, but before you start buying stuff that's green, surf the web for "Everything" you think you want to colour(and save those sites in fav's). Once you can find everything then you can order as needed.

That's one thing about silvers, Almost any colour will look good with it.

I also just added a new set of tyres(getting ready to head down to the Dragon for four days). Got some Mich all weather, top numbers for grip dry or wet, quite, 55k wear....... did I say quite, I didn't think the stock tyres were as loud as ppl have been b--ing about(I came from a Jeep YJ for 18 years), but now I know how noisy they were.

Ahhh I see now, my apologies sir, it does seem the common trend is either orange, red, or blue, and I have to say that Pauly has done some amazing things with his 4 door blue beauty, but the thing is that the colors work really well with the dash-colors as well. That, I believe, can be a huge determining factor in the color choice of your interior mods. I really want to use the Samba Green, because that was the color of my first car, my ol' 1993 Honda Del Sol Si, so if I do go with green it'll have even more meaning behind it I guess lol. Although, finding things in that specific color will be difficult, I can at least start there and work my way into the more common colors and see what I can come up with, you're right about not being able to find very many things in the green range of the spectrum lol

Ahhh I see now, my apologies sir, it does seem the common trend is either orange, red, or blue, and I have to say that Pauly has done some amazing things with his 4 door blue beauty, but the thing is that the colors work really well with the dash-colors as well. That, I believe, can be a huge determining factor in the color choice of your interior mods. I really want to use the Samba Green, because that was the color of my first car, my ol' 1993 Honda Del Sol Si, so if I do go with green it'll have even more meaning behind it I guess lol. Although, finding things in that specific color will be difficult, I can at least start there and work my way into the more common colors and see what I can come up with, you're right about not being able to find very many things in the green range of the spectrum lol

@Twitch

Green is a very difficult color to work with. I love the green because it's different and it is a challenge. However I've tried to keep the green minimal because it can be loud and obnoxious plus not all the greens match. The key is to plan what you want to do and start building samples. This however is not only a problem for green. All colors have shade issues. My biggest issue is the calipers. There's only so many qualify paint options other than powder coating. Currently they are not lime green enough to match the rest if the accents on the car. However colors can be a little off and not be too noticeable as long as they are far enough apart.

If you like the green do it. It will look fine with silver the silver is neutral enough.

Sick, thanks twitch, much appreciate your input bro. I'm gonna get down on some research tonight and see what I can come up with

Back