Those who installed Corsport Base Bushings

EJ8*

When installing my base bushing I notice the bushings has spaces when inserted into the shifter mount.

The red marking is the space I'm talking about. It seems like the part of the bushing where it pops up doesn't fill in the whole spot of the mount on the shifter assy.

photo222.jpg

Normal pictures
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Did anyone else get that to? Is it normal? or not normal?

Reason why I asked is because I received 2006 Civic Si bushing. Just in case 2006-11 bushings are different from the 2012.

Odd i used Hybrid racing bushings for the 8th and the fit with no play at all nice and snug perfect fit.

when tighten down they are fine. but i just wanted to confirm they are right. The bushing shown in the picture is the bushing on the bottom.

finish product with top bushing on top. all the bushings were the same size. all had spaces between them
they are not upside down. its just the bottom bushing.
download.jpg

it looks like the part that raises up on this bushing is bigger than the ones i had. looks like the ones below will fit more with no space.

the picture below is just a sample pic from corsport.

EP3_AlShifterBushings.jpg

how come I cant edit my older post?

well another 9th gen owner that installed the bushings had the same problem and corsport told him it was normal

well, good to know. There is a time limit on edits currently... it will probably be altered on the next update

mine are like that too. honestly im done with corsport............. hybrid racings cable bushings are so much better. i feel ripped off.

I didn't really want to spend that much on the hybrid cable bushing but I didn't know other company made the base bushings.

I don't know If the base bushings made a differ. Just feel a bit more stiff, but I don't know if that's in my head or not lol

I guess thats normal if another member was told by corsport that its normal. but thanks webby! Your always quick to response.

Not 100% but from the pictures.... I believe the shipper has made a couple mistakes and switched to using the wrong bushings, the smaller diameter ones are for scions. THe larger diameter, like in the picture with confirmed fitment is for hondas. I apologize if via email or the phone that was not properly diagnosed the first time. Either way, ill point those guys at this thread, and you can email us a link to this, and we will send you the larger bushings and you can keep the old small ones, no need to return them. Can you include the diameter of them in the email to us. Thanks and I apologize.

here is the reply i got back in January with this issue. But its all good if im getting the right bushings now. But just to prove im not lying.

corsport.jpg

I apologize, I was incorrect, thats why I said "I believe" in my earlier statement about fitment -- anyway, the pics were throwing me off, especially the originally posted fitment one, anyway, these are indeed the correct bushings and have always fit loose in the base until tightened down. Anyone who is not happy can hit us up for a refund. But the product does work as intended and as used since any of the 06+ civic generations came out.

Back