Too much condensation!?

VNPP

Rolla, MO
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
FG3 Coupe
Okay so after a few longer trips (a few hours) I've noticed my car fogs up on the inside alot more than i think it should be. I mean even with the defogger on full blast and a variety of different temperature air that I've tried, i still get an annoying amount of fog on the inside. I have a coupe, so both side windows and the back completely fog so that i cant see out, and the front window fogs just a little more than the complete top half. I usually wipe a sleeve or something on the window to clear, which seems kinda dangerous while driving twisty roads.

Anyone have this problem, or fixed it? I'll be at the dealership on Thursday so I'll ask there too, but maybe I'm using the vents wrong. Any info appreciated! :)

turn your A/C on. it dehumidifies the air. this is useful for times when you prefer to use recirculate, such as in traffic and you don't want to suck in exhaust fumes.

if its cold outside, and warm inside your vehicle, you will experience the condensation you're talking about. as you breathe you expel moisture into the air, which condenses when it touches the cool glass.

or if you want to keep your A/C off, crack a window and turn recirculate off, keeping a fresh flow of outside air in and out of your vehicle. this way the humidity doesn't build up inside your car.

Back