Tools needed for camber kit?

FTSEvan

West Palm Beach
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Got my SK2 camber kit today, gonna be putting them on tomorrow night. Just wondering what tools I'm going to need to bring home from work to put them in. Thanks guys

Wrench/Socket set, torque wrench, breaker bar, and a monkey wrench (for adjusting the camber arm). As well as penetrating oil and anti seize lubricant. Be sure to apply anti seize on the threads of the bolts/camber arm during installation.

Per side:
1x Rear knuckle bolt torque spec = 65ftlbs
2x Upper arm bolt torque specs = 44ftlbs

Wrench/Socket set, torque wrench, breaker bar, and a monkey wrench (for adjusting the camber arm). As well as penetrating oil and anti seize lubricant. Be sure to apply anti seize on the threads of the bolts/camber arm during installation.

Per side:
1x Rear knuckle bolt torque spec = 65ftlbs
2x Upper arm bolt torque specs = 44ftlbs
Specifics on socket sizes? I like to bring home as few tools as possible

Take the part with you and double check if you can.

I believe you need a 14mm and a 19mm. It's been a while since I installed mine.

edit: collegehillshonda lists the upper bolt as a 12x86.5 but I don't know what the numbers are referring to. It could be a 12mm bolt instead of a 14. I highly recommend you test fit a couple sockets on there before you head home. Id grab a 12/14/17/19 just to be safe.

Take the part with you and double check if you can.

I believe you need a 14mm and a 19mm. It's been a while since I installed mine.

edit: collegehillshonda lists the upper bolt as a 12x86.5 but I don't know what the numbers are referring to. It could be a 12mm bolt instead of a 14. I highly recommend you test fit a couple sockets on there before you head home. Id grab a 12/14/17/19 just to be safe.

Yep all three bolts were 14mm, but of course there's always a problem when working on cars lol
6c409affd65869c27697ade6ec503348.jpg
58c867b2b8f2ffff1dfe80e0feba3382.jpg
unfortunately, procivic may have shipped me the wrong parts or, being as I received the parts in a torn open box, parts may have been "misplaced". Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until Monday to sort things out

Oh man that sucks. There should be some sort of sleeve included with that kit. But I wonder if it is fixed and keeps that part of the camber arm from moving out of place from the middle or not. If it moves back and forth, alignment will keep fluctuating(camber and toe) from just driving the car.

I wonder if they have changed the rear control arm and knuckles for the 14/15' that the older arms don't fit.

No, it's the same. That's just how the new Skunk2 camber arms with the spherical bearing looks like. I think there is supposed to be a metal sleeve going through it.

Back