torque wrench wont fit spacer nuts?

snahfu

I'm installing wheel spacers. I placed the supplied nuts on the OEM studs but for some reason, the torque wrench is too thick to reach the nuts.

The spacer specs have a bore of 64.1 and thread of 12X1.5 which matches my civic 2014. My torque wrench is 19mm.

What am I doing wrong? Here is a picture to illustrate what I am talking about. Someone recommend that I try using a thin walled 19mm socket, but the one im using already seems pretty thin. They can go even thinner?

3HeojbS.jpg

VQb60N5.jpg

is that a 1/2" socket or for a 3/8" socket? Sometimes 3/8" can be thinner. Also, that is a 6 point socket. I have seen some claim that a 12 point socket can be thinner sometimes. I've also seen someone comment that certain spark plug sockets can be thinner. If those options don't work, you will prob need to buy a thin walled socket.

Are those nuts definitely 19mm? My aftermarket lugs are 17mm, they may have used smaller hardware to make everything fit better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My 12 points are thinner and are also 3/8". I can take a pic when I get home.

Most 12 point sockets are thinner than 6 point and having a 3/8 drive socket might get you a little more clearance too. If you have a 1/2 drive torque wrench you could just get an adapter for 3/8 sockets too. Just be careful because the thinner ones are more likely to crack when over exerted.

is that a 1/2" socket or for a 3/8" socket? Sometimes 3/8" can be thinner. Also, that is a 6 point socket. I have seen some claim that a 12 point socket can be thinner sometimes. I've also seen someone comment that certain spark plug sockets can be thinner. If those options don't work, you will prob need to buy a thin walled socket.

Most 12 point sockets are thinner than 6 point and having a 3/8 drive socket might get you a little more clearance too. If you have a 1/2 drive torque wrench you could just get an adapter for 3/8 sockets too. Just be careful because the thinner ones are more likely to crack when over exerted.

hi, do you know if these h&r spacers will fit my 2014 civic? All the specs seem to match up but Im worried the studs might be too long.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...en=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=HR-3065641

Also, I figured out the question to my problem if anyone is wondering.

For some reason the 17mm spacers required a 17mm socket whereas the 20mm spacers required a 19mm socket. The brand was ichiba. Im going to return them for since the seller sent me the wrong bore size. In addition, he sent me used ones when he listed them as new :(

For some reason the 17mm spacers required a 17mm socket whereas the 20mm spacers required a 19mm socket.
Ding, ding, ding. What do I win?

The h&r will fit. You need to make sure the back of your wheel has relief cuts in the event the oem studs stick past the spacer. What wheels do you have?

The h&r will fit. You need to make sure the back of your wheel has relief cuts in the event the oem studs stick past the spacer. What wheels do you have?

Oem touring rims

45409085_614.jpg

and take you so much :)

Can you take a picture of the back? Are they flat or are there indentations on the back of the hub?

they are on my car right now and I cant seem to find any pictures. However, looking at other oem honda rims around the same year, it looks like they have relief cuts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-12-13-H...ash=item3ad20b9043:g:Qj0AAOSw5cNYUX74&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-17-OE...ash=item283bb1bcac:g:tGwAAOSw~e5ZXZ1H&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-HO...ash=item1ea80e742c:g:SFUAAOSwnH1WYlK7&vxp=mtr

Your talking about those holes right?

Back