Torque Wrench

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Does anyone know or remember the name of that inexpensive torque wrench? I swear it got posted a few months ago but I can't find anything on it again. I googled and stuff but I can't seem to find it.

I thought the name was brown_____ like brownstone or brownfield. I could be totally wrong. It was a group of engineers who designed an affordable torque wrench that had really simple internals but was very accurate. I think it had a digital read out.

My buddy bought one from Harbor Freight and likes it enough for me to consider buying one. Busted the one I had bought from Lowes in 2006 earlier this year.

http://www.brownlinemetalworks.com/

This?? Check under the products.

We have digital torque wrenches at work and I honestly don't care for them.. The snap on ones I like the best, and I know there calibrated correctly. This does seem legit though and it has good reviews from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
That's the one I was thinking of! Thanks! Taffeta 12

And yeah I'd love to pick up some snap-on wrenches. Maybe when the tool budget increases a bit.

I like to buy tools on Black Friday at Sears,so much to the point that I need a bigger roller. It's a strange obsession but a cool one.my tool collection has been growing for 15 years!

I like to buy tools on Black Friday at Sears,so much to the point that I need a bigger roller. It's a strange obsession but a cool one.my tool collection has been growing for 15 years!

Don't forget the Father's Day sales! I finally bought a roller (4 drawer bottom, 5 drawer top) and found out it was not enough room for all the tools I bought over the past few years. :( :woot:

I know someone who wants one and they had mentioned it but I couldn't remember the name. It's going to be a gift for a very deserving friend. I didn't want to ask them for fear of giving it away. For some reason they were just giddy about it. It's on amazon for a little less than their website and I have a credit I'd like to use up.

I got one from Harbor Freight when their torque wrench was on discount for 10.99. Went home and test it with my bench weight. It was pretty accurate. I was going to buy the Brownline, but I'm waiting to save money to get snap-on.

Reactions: Nix
Back