Tpms problem

808rallyred

Big Island,HI
Vehicle Model
si
Body Style
sedan
Hey guys I need some info/help I just put on my sensors on my aftermarket wheels and the tpms sensor still came on was working fine on my stocks and the tire pressure is at 32psi my wheels are 17x8.5 with 215/40/17 potenzas

Hey guys I need some info/help I just put on my sensors on my aftermarket wheels and the tpms sensor still came on was working fine on my stocks and the tire pressure is at 32psi my wheels are 17x8.5 with 215/40/17 potenzas

Sometimes it takes a bit of driving. Not sure if it is distance or time, but in my experience it takes 10-15 minutes of driving.

Sometimes it takes a bit of driving. Not sure if it is distance or time, but in my experience it takes 10-15 minutes of driving.
I just took the car for a spin went up to 45 mph casual driving still didn't turn off you think I could be because of the rim maybe it didn't sit properly

I just took the car for a spin went up to 45 mph casual driving still didn't turn off you think I could be because of the rim maybe it didn't sit properly

Not sure. It is possible one was damaged. They are notoriously easy to break. I would take it back to the installer.

Reactions: Nix
Don't worry you're not alone. I had this happen on my stock wheels too. A while ago I cracked a sensor. I replaced it and had it reprogrammed CORRECTLY via the guy at my job that handles all that type of stuff. It worked until the day later the light came on again. Pulled over, checked everything and it was all good. Had it reset and then sure enough a few hours later the light was back. Even on my new wheels the light is still on. No cracks no leaks nothing.

The TPMS sensor must seated against the sidewall correct? So if those 215s are being stretched on on 17x8.5 that might have causes a issue...?

They sort of lay against the barrel. Enough stretch I guess could theoretically pull on it.

1208-01-2.jpg

Back