TPMS

Kfaist

Background: Okay so my mom bought me these cheap *** wheels Kudo Racing Wheels which by the way, suck. Worst wheels ever. They crack so easy. Whatever.. I got them for free so I can't complain. Plus I'm a spoiled brat.. at least I admit it. Although now I have a full time job (making big boy money) and I am getting rid of the '12 civic and the tires/wheels gotta go.

Issue: The shop that put these new tires/wheels on took out the TPMS sensor out of my stock tires and put them in the aftermarkets. How do I take the TPMS sensor back out and recalibrate? Is it easy? Is it going to take a whole day? I have never actually messed with TPMS (tire pressure management system) before. I have jack stands, hydraulic jack, and all necessary tools, just need some basic guidance (pictures, video, or step-by-step directions would be great)

I'd appreciate any guidance given. Any further questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Please don't bother trolling. I cba to waste time with immature people.

I am excited to get my new car in December :)

Thanks!

Well doesn't the car only remember one calibration or no? Will it just automatically detect the sensor and be okay with it?

The car remembers one set of tpms sensors. You said the stock ones were put in the aftermarket wheels. They didn't have to do any calibration if you have the stock ones in there now. Putting them back in the oem wheels will not change anything. It would need calibrated if you had a 2nd set of tpms sensors in there. Many people have that kind of setup if they have a set of winter wheels and a set of summer wheels with a set of tpms sensors in each. A shop has to enter the new tpms id if you have 2 setups. You have one set of sensors.

I've had the same set of sensors swapped in and out of three sets of wheels I've owned.

They're only used to detect a drop in pressure of 20% or more. They're not as complex as you made them seem.

Well the sensors are part of the valve stems, so unless you have a way to remove the tires from the wheels, you won't be able to get the sensors out.

Back