Trouble with Ebay fog light kit

So I recently installed these fog lights the other day. It took a while but I did figure out the wiring, but ran into a new problem. Only one of the fog lights worked and the light on the switch indicated they were on. After a short drive around the block neither of the lights worked and the light that shows the fog lights are on wasn't illuminated, but the light to make the switch visible at night was still on so it didn't become disconnected from the fuse. Pretty lost at this point.

Is the fuse blown? Are all your grounds secure and touching metal?

To add; are you using HID's with properly secured and/or sealed ballasts? I had this issue a lot when I used to run HID's in my Foglights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nix
The fuse that the battery goes through looks fine, and the interior ACC fuse, which the fog light switch is most likely fine seeing as it still illuminates the switch. There's a possibility my ground for the fog lights isn't true ground, but the other one is connected to the negative on the battery. I just don't understand why one worked then nothing. And no, they're the halogens that were included but I will probably change them out eventually.

The fuse that the battery goes through looks fine, and the interior ACC fuse, which the fog light switch is most likely fine seeing as it still illuminates the switch. There's a possibility my ground for the fog lights isn't true ground, but the other one is connected to the negative on the battery. I just don't understand why one worked then nothing. And no, they're the halogens that were included but I will probably change them out eventually.

I don't know enough about electrical systems, to suggest more, but maybe try grounding them to the same spot. There is an OEM ground on the front crash bar behind the bumper cover, try tapping into that to eliminate the possibility of a bad ground. I'll be doing more research, but right now that's the most I can suggest based off my current knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would've the first time, but I didnt have a tool that could get into the tight space. Thats probably my next move though.

Dont' connect to the neg battery terminal. Find a bare metal screw/place to connect to the frame of the car.

Just a heads up, I had an issue with where the wires plugged into the back of the switch. It was loose or whatever, but when I moved the plug a certain way everything would stay on. So I taped the wires on the side of the box in a way that it kept the connection and put a thin piece of cardboard to make the connection secure. I've had no issues since.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think the one stopped working from the switch because I got that one back on after I rewired the grounds, but still its only one of them on. Both bulbs do work. Wiring might be messed up to the one?

Just a heads up, I had an issue with where the wires plugged into the back of the switch. It was loose or whatever, but when I moved the plug a certain way everything would stay on. So I taped the wires on the side of the box in a way that it kept the connection and put a thin piece of cardboard to make the connection secure. I've had no issues since.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I think that might've been why they both stopped working, because at the time the relay wasn't kicking on.

Last edited:
Back