trustdestruction's '12 Si FB6 Build

Changed my mind back to getting XXR 530 chromium black rather than XXR 527. I like the 530 better, and they are available in the stock 17x7 size so I can reuse the stock tires until they are worn instead of arbitrarily spending $600 to replace them for a wider tire. The 530's are +35mm instead of the stock +45, which will not be a problem fitment wise and will widen the stance a little bit for slightly better handling. When I have to buy new tires, i'll probably upgrade to a 225 width.

Can't order them now (have to save up) so it will be a while first. Plus I plan on doing springs and JDM badges first. I have a lifetime alignment plan from Tires Plus that was transferable one-time from my old del Sol to my new Civic, so I have that taken care of financially.

Last edited:
You could also go with an 17x8 and use the stock tires no problem with out it being a stretch,
Well, it's actually a 17"x8.25" that is available so that's really pushing it with a 215/45/17, isn't it?

The last few pics in this link are of 8" and 8.5" with 215/45/17. I'm not sure if I want that stretch. I would have to see pics of cars with this combo before I can decide whether I like it or not.
http://tyrestretch.com/?s= 215 45 R17 &nggpage=2

This thread has some pics on an 8.5". Not too bad.
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16528

Last edited:
Because form is needed during snowy winter driving. Lol.
9.75_215_45_R17_3.jpg

If you want a non-stretched look, just get 225s for the 8.25" or maybe 235 for anything wider.

Ya anything over 8 inch wide you will need a wider tire. You would be fine with stock tires up to 8 inch because 215 is actually bigger than you need for a 7 inch wide wheel.

I'm running 225 on my stock wheels though. :D

So I noticed today that my rev hang has decreased significantly. A month or so ago I went in for the latest ECU update, which was supposed to help, and didn't notice much of a difference. I think leaving my battery unhooked for an hour while getting dinner before removing the airbag caused this, since the ECU basically reset and had all remaining power drained from the system.

Last edited:
Installed the JDM Hazard light switch. Very easy, 5-10 minute install. Closer to 10 since I had to go upstairs for a philips screwdriver. Broke two clips, but they are replaceable and when reassembled nothing felt loose.

installed:
IMG_1379.jpg

lit:
IMG_1380.jpg

broken clips:
IMG_1381.jpg

Also received my MTEC pivot ball. To be installed (or attempted at least… may not fit) at a later time. MTEC says it does not fit now that they have finally replied to my email, but I have a hunch that they haven't tried or looked at the 2012+ Civic shifter pivot ball and are only not making claims that it fits. That doesn't mean that they might not be right though.

IMG_1382.jpg

Ordered some Goodridge SS brake lines.

And according to FedEx tracking, my Hybrid Racing order has been delivered. I will attempt to install the base bushings, pivot ball, and cable bushings tonight.

Last edited:
Back