Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

topless spotted

XcvmYxq.jpg

1fVPoCt.jpg

Gotta admit, I'm trying to decide between a '13 WRX sedan and a '13 Focus ST. Always liked and wanted a WRX.

what do you want out of a vehicle?
Well, it needs to be at least a 4-door, as I have my kids in it sometimes when i dont feel like driving my crew cab pickup, and for my work stuff. I've never owned a hatchback and while I'm not totally opposed to one, I'd rather a sedan. Obviously I don't have a choice in that matter if I go for the ST.

Living in the northeast, the AWD of the WRX would be a nice asset in winter, on top of its other all around benefits. I HATE torque steer, and despite the efforts of Ford, it is still there in the ST. The Si doesn't have enough torque down low the cause torque steer, so being FWD generally doesnt bother me as much in it, until its time for cornering feel, but thats getting off topic a bit.

I'm not crazy about the front end styling of the ST but I could get used to it.

I know about the typical knocks against the WRX as far as the interior features go. Weak stereo, not as much tech gadgets, cheap materials, etc. However a large part of me actually prefers the more "stripped down" feel. The stereo can be upgraded to my liking easy enough, as I'm no a very picky audiophile or anything. Besides, in a car you enjoy driving, a halfway decent stereo and BT are about all I feel the need or use for.

Well, it needs to be at least a 4-door, as I have my kids in it sometimes when i dont feel like driving my crew cab pickup, and for my work stuff. I've never owned a hatchback and while I'm not totally opposed to one, I'd rather a sedan. Obviously I don't have a choice in that matter if I go for the ST.

Living in the northeast, the AWD of the WRX would be a nice asset in winter, on top of its other all around benefits. I HATE torque steer, and despite the efforts of Ford, it is still there in the ST. The Si doesn't have enough torque down low the cause torque steer, so being FWD generally doesnt bother me as much in it, until its time for cornering feel, but thats getting off topic a bit.

I'm not crazy about the front end styling of the ST but I could get used to it.

I know about the typical knocks against the WRX as far as the interior features go. Weak stereo, not as much tech gadgets, cheap materials, etc. However a large part of me actually prefers the more "stripped down" feel. The stereo can be upgraded to my liking easy enough, as I'm no a very picky audiophile or anything. Besides, in a car you enjoy driving, a halfway decent stereo and BT are about all I feel the need or use for.
I went to Subaru to buy the hatch and after really looking at the (seat up) cargo space, I found it to be lacking, so sedan it was. I also passed on the tech gadgets and thoroughly enjoy the base WRX.

I've had my WRX out in unplowed roads (Conti DWS all season tires) and had a ball doing so. Having kids in the car, I don't know if I'd recommend the axleback exhaust that I have (Nameless Performance) It's all about about amplifying the boxer rumble and does so very effectively.

Last edited:
My big concern now about buying a '13 WRX is that the '14 looks to be a bit of a better car. So I might end up kicking myself for not waiting to either buy a ' 14 or get a better deal on a '13 when they try to clear them out.

My big concern now about buying a '13 WRX is that the '14 looks to be a bit of a better car. So I might end up kicking myself for not waiting to either buy a ' 14 or get a better deal on a '13 when they try to clear them out.
I doubt that there will be a bunch of '13 hoping to be sold as I know many dont want to go down from the 2.5L to a 2.0L

Good point. Hmmm. Silver is a rare color here for some reason. A local dealer quoted me $24,750 for a silver base sedan with fogs. I think I'm going to go look at it tomorrow am.

I test drove a 2013 base model WRX today and fell in love. The feel, the ride, the sounds...all of it. Stereo is barely tolerable. With the bass past 5 or 6 the speakers distort and buzz on FM radio. Ridiculously low center arm rest...I'd definitely have to replace it with the extended one.

Oh, the radio stinks, no doubt. A high end stereo shop that put a system in my Acura told me the usually the HU is fine, just the worst speakers ever. They said upgrade the speakers first and see if you like it

lol all is good. Trying to spice things up on it. Maybe orange wheels and vane

That's not spicing. That's Spiking.

I test drove a 2013 base model WRX today and fell in love. The feel, the ride, the sounds...all of it. Stereo is barely tolerable. With the bass past 5 or 6 the speakers distort and buzz on FM radio. Ridiculously low center arm rest...I'd definitely have to replace it with the extended one.

Subarus have always had crap radios. They always will. You think a 13 is bad? You should try an older one. Total crap.

I'm getting old. There is so much I see getting done to these cars that I wish would just stay with the Civic/Integra crowd or the Nissan 240 crowd. These cars used to be classy. I find myself wanting to leave this community too. Much like Jason (chevarian) before me, I don't like what's going on. The cars have gotten too cheap and the GD WRX and STI are turning into the new EG-EM Civic. I'm really starting to get turned off on the whole import scene.

Last edited:
Back