Turtle Wax Scratch Repair

Never tried but it looks to be nothing more then CC, various grades of sand paper (blocks), soapy water, and compound. The problem I see with it is that it will take at least one more polishing step to refine the marring left behind by the compound (especially soft clears), and I cringe at the idea of inexperienced consumers wet sanding their paint. While the block will help focus the sanding on the (higher) touch up areas, I'm confident it's just a matter of time before someone sands through the surrounding areas of the scratch. In the hands of an experinced user this may work well, but IMO it's a dangerous product to offer to the general public. I bet if I spent an hour searching on various forums I could come up with at least a dozen noobs who sanded through their clear. :D

Just my $.02 :)

• Staff
I was hoping you'd see this thread and have some type of story, or maybe know of someone who had tried it.

• Staff
wonder what grit those pads from turtle wax are compared to say the 2000 or 2500 grit he used ... still sucks for that guy in the thread above.

wonder what grit those pads from turtle wax are compared to say the 2000 or 2500 grit he used ... still sucks for that guy in the thread above.

Hard to say, but I'd guess between 1500-3000 grit. I see threads like that fairly often... :(

Back