U Switching exhausts?

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I am curious to know what members, who have put on new exhausts, have done with their old ones. Specifically, the tip of the exhaust. I would like to get my hands on one of the Si tips so I can have it properly welded on (rather than screwed on like my replica one).

Presently I have an eBay Si replica tip which is okay, but the oval is a little smaller than the real deal and the tip has a gaping hole in the bottom of the pipe where is bent. No idea why they left a hole there! looks silly from a certain angle when you can see right through it. :screwy:

Anyway, Where are all those unused tips at?
Thanks!

Last edited:
i sold my whole si cat-back for 250 local,as for tip I think oem si have holes in them with screws too..
They are screwed on too? Wow. Okay, still want one though. I know someone has one sitting in their garage to never be used.

They are screwed on too? Wow. Okay, still want one though. I know someone has one sitting in their garage to never be used.
Mine is sitting in my garage, only put about 1000 miles on it, but I would be looking to sell the whole exhaust, not just the tip :/ if you want the whole thing, I'll sell it to you

I just remembered you have an r18 :/ duh...never mind my comment lol

Oh, okay. I guess it makes sense that people would sell the whole exhaust and not just the tip. My idea is not going to work..... Aw nuts... :squirrel:

Mods please close this thread.

Since we're on the topic of what people do with their stock exhausts when replacing them with aftermarket, I'm looking for a non-Si mid pipe. I haven't heard back from CHH about a new one yet (I'll make a wanted thread once I do), but anyone looking to get rid of their non-Si mid pipe I'll take it! :D

you can get an oem one on ebay for around 30bucks, just look it up
I looked and didn't see anything. All I can find are cheap imitation ones with a hole in the back of them. I'm looking for one without a hole.

I wonder if I can get an Si Tip as a replacement part.

Last edited:
what's going on with your stock midpipe?

The flange that connects with the axle back is busted from having to drill out the broken bolt. The way I fixed it is secure, but I have OCD and it's bothering me that it's not perfect lol. I talked to CHH though, the MSRP on the mid pipe is a little more than $150 which isn't bad. I'll be going to my local dealer tomorrow to order it rather than paying another $150 to ship it.

shipping to canada has gone through the roof. USPS raised their rates almost by a factor of 4 on small items overnight.

shipping to canada has gone through the roof. USPS raised their rates almost by a factor of 4 on small items overnight.

Shipping rates in general have gone up. The approximate $150 shipping for the mid pipe from CHH is just from Ohio to New Hampshire lol.

Back