Unlucky parking spot

Everyone thinks the paint will just buff off but that stuff is baked in there. I am going to stop by and see the place and ask the guy a few questions to see about the quality of work. If I don't think the work is going to be quality I will fight like hell to go to my preferred detailer.

:yeahthat:

In the end, I would only take it to a reputable detailer, and they should (at least) pay a fair portion. If you're really up to a fight, you can bring them to small claims court. In addition to paying a fair amount, I believe they would also have to pay any court costs if they lose.

You're the one who has suffered so far.

Last edited:
So I talked to the painter's boss today and he said the owner of the company was not going to pay $1000 to have my car detailed. I commute an hour to work everyday and this is the only car I have. What they are saying is I would have to get off of work at 7 am and wait until the detailer opens at 9am. Then have my girlfriend get up and come get me an hour away. Then when the car is done bring me back to the detailer. It is 39 miles from my house.
If I absolutely have to go to that detailer, do you think I could charge mileage for having to drive that far away? I feel like they are just being ridiculous.

So I talked to the painter's boss today and he said the owner of the company was not going to pay $1000 to have my car detailed. I commute an hour to work everyday and this is the only car I have. What they are saying is I would have to get off of work at 7 am and wait until the detailer opens at 9am. Then have my girlfriend get up and come get me an hour away. Then when the car is done bring me back to the detailer. It is 39 miles from my house.
If I absolutely have to go to that detailer, do you think I could charge mileage for having to drive that far away? I feel like they are just being ridiculous.

Seriously, threaten to talk to their insurance company and/or take them to small claims court at this point. Then you could make them liable for lost time at work and all of the mileage.

They gave me the number to the owner. I will call him either today or tomorrow and see what he says.

Tell him this is their carelessly applied paint that's adhered to your new car's entire exterior. It's not dirt or dust that can just be washed off. It has to be carefully, but thoroughly removed, then your new car's finish restored to its newness before his crew destroyed it.

Tell him this is their carelessly applied paint that's adhered to your new car's entire exterior. It's not dirt or dust that can just be washed off. It has to be carefully, but thoroughly removed, then your new car's finish restored to its newness before his crew destroyed it.
Not to mention, if the detailer gets too aggressive, they can damage the clear coat (or worse)...which would cost them a lot more money in the long run.

From my understanding, and it could differ from state to state, but here in TN you have the right to pick who does your repairs. And if told otherwise, it simply just is not true. But I am unsure how it is in other states

Seriously, threaten to talk to their insurance company and/or take them to small claims court at this point. Then you could make them liable for lost time at work and all of the mileage.

I agree with this. Threaten to take a claim against them if they wont be within reason. He has a business, and as of now, you have just become a liability. He owes you a proper fix and I think any judge would agree with that no doubt

From my understanding, and it could differ from state to state, but here in TN you have the right to pick who does your repairs. And if told otherwise, it simply just is not true. But I am unsure how it is in other states
It is the same. I just opened a claim through my insurance company to talk to a representative that knows the law. I am sick of them trying to do it their way when they are the ones that caused this mess.

It is the same. I just opened a claim through my insurance company to talk to a representative that knows the law. I am sick of them trying to do it their way when they are the ones that caused this mess.

That's the best way. Then your insurance company will in-turn go after them for whatever they need. Should now be a smooth transaction

I hope so. I didn't even think about the Louisiana law for property damage. I'm just waiting for the adjuster to give me a call. I tried the owner but had to leave a message. They are based out of state and probably don't know the laws here in Louisiana.

So I just got done with the insurance adjuster and he quoted me $500 if there is no problem areas. All I have to do is pay my deductible and the insurance company will get reimbursed by the painter's company. Now I wait for the check to get here and should be getting her detailed soon.

Nice. def the best way to handle it man. No doubt, because your insurance company will go after them legally for the money owed.

You're going through YOUR car insurance company now? Are they not going to count that as a claim on your policy...leading to increased rates?

You're going through YOUR car insurance company now? Are they not going to count that as a claim on your policy...leading to increased rates?

Some will not if he is not at fault. Just like a hit and run, which is what geico did for me last year when my FA5 got slammed into

Some will not if he is not at fault. Just like a hit and run, which is what geico did for me last year when my FA5 got slammed into

Yeah, if the insurance company has recourse with the responsible party, he should not be held liable for anything....including a rate increase as it really isn't a claim on his policy if they are reimbursed by the painting company/painting company's insurance.

"IF" they are reimbursed. That's my issue. He has to pay his own deductible to get it going. If they can't resolve the issue, he could be on the hook for the claim.

"IF" they are reimbursed. That's my issue. He has to pay his own deductible to get it going. If they can't resolve the issue, he could be on the hook for the claim.

Well, that is the lynch pin. I definitely wouldn't file a claim with my insurance company (and paying the deductible) without knowing it was a guarantee that they would be able to successfully go after the other company. This is one of those situations where I wouldn't have a problem most likely. Really depends on the quality of the insurance company. Honestly, I would fight having to pay the deductible though.

Back