Used Car Prices At Record Highs

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Prices of used cars actually hit a record high last month, with no indications that prices will fall anytime soon. In order to take advantage of the climb in values, most car dealerships are trying to lure buyers with trade-in deals.

There are a lot of people (still making payments) who don’t know they have equity in their cars.

Strong used cars prices are being fueled by a recovering economy and the new car shortage caused by Japan’s recent earthquakes. Used cars buyers are also skewing towards fuel efficient models as gas prices climb past $4 around most of the country.

Used car prices have increased 20 percent since January and will likely continue to rise for most of the year.

I agree... used car prices are pretty high.
We were looking at a 2006 GG FG2 yesterday with 52k miles on the ODO and they wanted 16K for it...

Maybe I can unload my Si for a decent chunk of change.

my suspicions are correct:
configured KBB value, selecting excellent condition w/ roughly 49,XXX miles

KBB trade-in value = $15,275
KBB private party value = $17,130
KBB suggested retail value = $18,705

not too shabby... too bad i'm NOT in the market to sell or otherwise offload my Si. and i only owe like $4400 on it. :woot:
the value has DEFINITELY gone up though. a few months ago i recall looking at my old job one day while i was bored; it was in the high 13s/low 14s no lie!!!!! :-O

• Staff
Yeah, every dealership I've ever dealt with quoted "good" regardless of how new or nice the car was

Back