Velox Introduction

A cheap fix to your driving pleasure would be to buy a "Progress" 22mm rear sway bar, about $180. Easy to install, or cheap to have installed. I have a 2012 EX Coupe....... enjoy.
mines going in soon ;)

Velox
Don't start trying to fix the mpg, it's all in the driving. Unless you filled up next to the interstate and drove without having to do any stop/starting/etc. you're going to lose some of the mpg. But you can maximize your mpg by trying to stay in cruise control and using Econ on open roads, and when you get to a hill hit the econ off button to clime in cruise control, then turn the Econ back on at the top of the hill. try to keep your foot off the gas peddle, you can move the speed up and down with the +/- buttons, also you can take it out of CC when going down a hill where you want to drift faster(no peddle). It's kind of fun to master it, and gives you something to do on the straight roads. I have on quite a few occasions gotten 40 to 43 mpg on the road, and mines an automatic(my 1st automatic in over 50 years).

A cheap fix to your driving pleasure would be to buy a "Progress" 22mm rear sway bar, about $180. Easy to install, or cheap to have installed. I have a 2012 EX Coupe....... enjoy.
Great tips, I'll definitely try those out! I did disengage the clutch or go into neutral on large downhills, it's rather funny to "fall" faster than all the other cars around you without actually pressing the gas pedal!

I think it's a bummer that the automatic got a more fuel efficient final gear ratio than the manual. The manual is rated at 36 mph highway while the automatic is 39 mpg. It would have been nice to get a 6th gear in the non-SI's in order to have a more efficient cruising gear for highway trips when you don't really need to accelerate quickly. I was cruising at about 3,200-3,500 RPM at 70-80mph.

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't think there was much of a point to upgrading the anti-roll bars if you don't track the car? Or are the effects not tight enough to make daily driving uncomfortable? I am fairly aggressive on a daily basis so being able to corner a bit quicker would be nice. Well now I'll have to spend a few hours reading about the benefits of upgrading anti-roll bars on the interwebz. I guess I'll do my essay tomorrow :P

Last edited:
Great tips, I'll definitely try those out! I did disengage the clutch or go into neutral on large downhills, it's rather funny to "fall" faster than all the other cars around you without actually pressing the gas pedal!

I think it's a bummer that the automatic got a more fuel efficient final gear ratio than the manual. The manual is rated at 36 mph highway while the automatic is 39 mpg. It would have been nice to get a 6th gear in the non-SI's in order to have a more efficient cruising gear for highway trips when you don't really need to accelerate quickly. I was cruising at about 3,200-3,500 RPM at 70-80mph.

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't think there was much of a point to upgrading the anti-roll bars if you don't track the car? Or are the effects not tight enough to make daily driving uncomfortable? I am fairly aggressive on a daily basic so being able to corner a bit quicker would be nice. Well now I'll have to spend a few hours reading about the benefits of upgrading anti-roll bars on the interwebz. I guess I'll do my essay tomorrow :P
i dont track mine but im really looking forward to putting this in

Reactions: Nix
The anti-roll bar(sway-bar/anti-sway bar), does not effect the stiffness of the ride while going straight, the shocks/springs do the work....... but when cornering or swerving that's when the anti-sway bar goes into effect by controlling the body lean..... no rougher ride will come from the installation.

Back