Very minor water leak to trunk

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
As some of you may know, I've had a rear ended accident last year. The car was repaired.

Ever since, I've noticed a very minor water leak. It's always a few drops to the spare tire well. It is really a few drops, not the whole flooding. It becomes my regular routine after the rain to check for a minor wetness and wipe it to dry.

I always notice the under side of trunk lid is damp. Please see the picture.

I know of a mechanic who did a water test and trunk monkey but didn't find any leak. They sealed the tail light gaskets and rear bumper edge with sealant.

We are going to replace the weather strip of the trunk lid to see if this resolves the problem. We suspect the weather strip isn't up to the par and it's not sending the water to the channel, the water accumulates inside the trunk lid and drips down.

I'm posting my issue here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thank you all

Attachments

• IMG_3757.JPG
    IMG_3757.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
The place that did the colllision repair should be taking care of that.

The place that did the colllision repair should be taking care of that.
I hear you and totally understand.

I just don't wanna go back to have my car stayed there for a few there except for a major thing and they'd file additional claim. The claim from last year is still open because of other driver's insurance refuses it.

My friend who is a mechanic is helping me. We are suspecting the weather strip so we will replace it and see.

I just wanna see who has some ideas we can look into.

Thanks

Only “openings” are the 2 holes for the “H” emblem on the trunk. Besides that, you have the weatherstrip around the whole thing.

Back