Vtec killer setup

Fbseis

Upstate NY
Body Style
FB6
really contemplating on going with a vtec killer setup for the k24z7. I don't fully understand the point in having vtec on just the intake half of the motor, other than gaining top end performance.
But my concern is mainly for the whole powerband to put power to the wheels. I've heard boost is the only way out for whp, but that seems ambiguous being you can make around low 400s to the wheels off stock head and block on less than 15psi.
Reviews about the z7 head flow say it doesn't look promising for all motor power breaking 250 without a shot or major overhaul.

Point being is that wouldn't it be easier to just go with a killer setup and just have the high lift profile cams with rockers and block offs to tune from rather than pulling power out of a one sided vtec.
The revisions on these heads make it harder than usual to see gains from without dumping commas into a boost setup.
Any thoughts on this would help

I.e. : flashpro
stage 2 intake
Stock IM
Rdx map
750cc injectors (556 at 80% for around 300whp)
Downpipe
Catless exhaust
*vtec killer cams and rockers*
(Solenoid & control valve block off)
Stock valvetrain
Stock bottom end
11:0:1 cr
Stock trans
93 octane

Last edited:
I know which sucks but the k series cams I'd say are all the same length from end to end, just different lobe profiles and lift/dur settings. People have said a tsx head swap (k24a2) can be done but with some fab and a list of other things, which in turn make it just as expensive as going boost. So id have to say if a head swap with a k20/k24 is possible, or k24a2/k24z7 then pretty much any camshaft would work there's just a lot of differences in k heads between 2006-2016 which makes a slim margin.

So with that I'd have to say for the non vtec on the z7 exhaust end, you'd be able to do a conversion to the killer cams and rockers (w block offs and pressure switch delete); to fit on the z7 head and be done with vtec on intake and exhaust. You'd be capable of pulling more power out of the head on stock block, a bump up in intake, fuel, and exhaust you can tune alot outside of vtec to see what happens.
Just a wild guess though

Last edited:
Back