Warranty Killer

Aaron

Hello,
Figured since I'm already past my warranty, I'll go ahead a sign up here. This is as of 11/1/2012.
I've had both front wheel bearings replaced (under warranty) and the cruise control cancel button is cracking.

IMG_20121101_075638small.JPG

Welcome. Your 2012 has more miles than my 2007. :hiding:

I've looked around before, but never really had anything to post. I bought the car in June 2011 (traded a 2009 Fit with 81,000 miles at the time). I'm from Ohio. It's been to Florida twice and Chicago once. I drive 120 miles a day back and forth to work. I work for Stanley, the company that makes the headlights and taillights for this car. I program the robots that paint these headlight reflectors, lenses, etc.

so you run like 3500 miles/month average.... that's a lot of driving! Since you probably own the highest mileage 2012, I'm sure people would love to hear a review of your 1st year of ownership. Welcome to the site

That sure is a lot of miles you got there.

Hope you like the forums.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Mechatronics yeah! Lol.

Welcome to the site! The title of the thread is awesome... hahah Warranty Killer!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you on here.
I agree with what webby said. I'm sure people would love to hear a review :)

Welcome, Aaron ...... I'm wondering about that cruise cancel botton, I'm in and out of cruise like an extra gear, do you use a lot of pressure on it or just normal, and do you use it the same as I described ?

First of all welcome to the forum and congrats for the impressive mileage in such a short period of time :)

Did you replace the bearings out of need or just as a precautionary measure? I ask since on my other Japanese cars I was starting to see the need for replacing bearings arround 170k Kms and that due to more aggressive driving.

Welcome, Aaron ...... I'm wondering about that cruise cancel botton, I'm in and out of cruise like an extra gear, do you use a lot of pressure on it or just normal, and do you use it the same as I described ?
Nothing abnormal. It's cracking on the right side of the button. I'll try to get a pic.

First of all welcome to the forum and congrats for the impressive mileage in such a short period of time :)

Did you replace the bearings out of need or just as a precautionary measure? I ask since on my other Japanese cars I was starting to see the need for replacing bearings arround 170k Kms and that due to more aggressive driving.
I thought it was tire whine at first, but the noise became louder than the radio at moderate volume. The left front bearing was bad and replaced, then the service people said they still heard a noise when test driving it, so they replaced the right one also. The car has pulled slightly to the left since day one (seems better now), so maybe the bearing was a little tight to begin with. I asked if the 2012 had a new bearing design and the service manager said it was the same as the previous model.

so you run like 3500 miles/month average.... that's a lot of driving! Since you probably own the highest mileage 2012, I'm sure people would love to hear a review of your 1st year of ownership. Welcome to the site

I'll see what I can do. I have also recorded every gas fill up.

I thought it was tire whine at first, but the noise became louder than the radio at moderate volume. The left front bearing was bad and replaced, then the service people said they still heard a noise when test driving it, so they replaced the right one also. The car has pulled slightly to the left since day one (seems better now), so maybe the bearing was a little tight to begin with. I asked if the 2012 had a new bearing design and the service manager said it was the same as the previous model.
Make a lot of sense in this situation then. Good thing is bearings are not that expensive compared to other things that can break :)

Back