Welcoming new members

Hello, found your site when I was planning my upcoming spring trip to the TOD (I've been 2 times so far, 2011 and 2013).

I watched your videos from your 2nd and/or 3rd annual trip there, very enjoyable, you people like to drive!
I also noticed that not everyone there had a Honda, so I thought I might be able to slip in here with my Mustang without too much flak.

In addition to my Mustang I own an 05 Accord (with 175,000 trouble free miles on it) and have owned Honda products in the past (ATV's, dirtbikes, sportbikes, Accords), some of the finest motorized vehicles I've ever owned.

Here's a pic of my non-daily driver: View attachment 35728
welcome to the site! You don't have to own a honda to attend the meet. It's just a crew of people who enjoy spending some time at the dragon & having fun.

Stopping in see what's goin on with the 9th. I am an 8th owner operator, but as a Honda parts nerd at a dealership I need to keep on the up and up. Been building these Honda cars for 15+years so hmu if need info or ideas. Enjoy the ride!:dog:

Hello everyone, name is Brandt(pronounced "Brant"), and yea that's my real name lol. I want to start this by saying that this is by far the best online civic forum for the 9th gen civic! I'll try to keep this short, but here's a little about myself. My first car was a 93 Del Sol..needless to say..she was truly my first love. I put a lot of money, blood, sweat, and literally tears into her and kept her for about three years until I had to let her go to another home :( but alas, here I am with a 2012 civic EX, and I adore this car just as much! The Si is just a bit much for me, I'm 28 and didn't really want anything super sporty because I already went through that with my del sol, and I live in texas so the EX-L with the leather seats and all was a bit turn off for me, and I honestly just loved the EX the first moment I saw it. Anyways, I haven't done any mods to her yet, but i do have many plans drawn up already for the very near future. Oh and I should mention this: I'm not a true southerner...I'm from Indiana/Michigan, I just recently moved to texas a few years ago, I'll always be a yankee at heart lmao. I've been reading a lot on here as a guest for a while now and decided that today is the day I finally join my fellow Honda enthusiasts, cheers :)

Hello everyone, name is Brandt(pronounced "Brant"), and yea that's my real name lol. I want to start this by saying that this is by far the best online civic forum for the 9th gen civic! I'll try to keep this short, but here's a little about myself. My first car was a 93 Del Sol..needless to say..she was truly my first love. I put a lot of money, blood, sweat, and literally tears into her and kept her for about three years until I had to let her go to another home :( but alas, here I am with a 2012 civic EX, and I adore this car just as much! The Si is just a bit much for me, I'm 28 and didn't really want anything super sporty because I already went through that with my del sol, and I live in texas so the EX-L with the leather seats and all was a bit turn off for me, and I honestly just loved the EX the first moment I saw it. Anyways, I haven't done any mods to her yet, but i do have many plans drawn up already for the very near future. Oh and I should mention this: I'm not a true southerner...I'm from Indiana/Michigan, I just recently moved to texas a few years ago, I'll always be a yankee at heart lmao. I've been reading a lot on here as a guest for a while now and decided that today is the day I finally join my fellow Honda enthusiasts, cheers :)
Welcome Brandt! I'm glad you finally joined!
What are those mod plans you speak of?

Welcome Brandt! I'm glad you finally joined!
What are those mod plans you speak of?
Well as of the near future I'm thinking about interior lighting, possibly something along the lines of what Pauly did with his DIY, but maybe some red LEDs instead, and of course new wheels and hopefully one day get my hands on some nice projector headlights, but that seems to be a battle in itself without doing some modification to the headlights in some way or another. There are other things but I don't want to give it all away too soon lol My rice days are long over so nothing too over the top, I like to keep it classy, you guys have a lot of threads here that give me a ton of inspiration for my new civic so I might even put up a few of my own DIY threads in the future...who knows lol

Hey everyone.
I used to have an '06 R18 (bought in '05) and now have an '04 SRT-4 but my daughter has a 2012 Si 4-door.
I mainly joined to see what others have done with the wing on the 2012's since there pretty much isn't one! :shady:

CAM01083_zpsxmukwrjq.jpg

Hey guys, I had two quick questions but wasn't sure where best to ask, so I'll just post them here and hope its cool. I just got my eibach sportline springs in the other day but haven't gotten them on the car yet. I also got front camber bolts at the same time. First question, with that drop, am I going to need camber arms for the rears? I didn't budget that cost in but can get them if need be. Second question, the springs came with new bumper cushions to cut to size and replace the stock ones, but I have yet to see pics of them installed or even mentioned in DIYs for spring installs. Do these need to be replaced when I throw the new springs on or will stock bumpers work just as well?

Welcome! :wavey:

I would personally get the rear camber arms, but you wouldn't have to have them. You'll probably end up with a small negative camber after installing the new springs.

If you're into spirited driving, or even auto-x, track, then you should consider eventually getting the rear camber arms along with a larger diameter rear sway bar. Progress is a favorite manufacturer of the sway bar most people like to use.

Have fun!

@KennyGS Thanks man. I think for now Im going to hold off on them, I plan to get them in the future but wasnt sure if i absolutely needed them now for the drop or not. I also have the Eibach rear sway installed already, not as beefy as the Progress but still decent enough for what I need haha. Thanks again. Any thought or comment on the bumper bushings?

Hi new here coming from the other site....I drive a black 2014 Honda Civic Si sedan. Got it back in March, so broke in and a day doesn't go by that I don't put it into vtec! Actually whenever my dear wife sees me downshift she reaches for the oh $hit handle because she knows what is about to happen. Drove many cars in my life time, but this has to be best all around car I have ever owned. Oh yea I'm 56 so there have been many. My favorite thing to do in the car is to go traffic hopping. Looking forward to learning and meeting others on this site. Haven't given much thought about mods yet, but they will be coming.
IMG_20140422_095014.jpg

Back