What are you having for dinner?

poor mans burnt ends (chuck roast cubes)

View attachment 66661

earlier with a little preview of dinner

View attachment 66662
Did you cook the chick as cubes or whole then cubed? I've been wanting to try burnt ends but smoking the meat for 8 hours first then cutting it up and cooking it more doesn't appeal to me.

Picked up two of these. Was buy one get one free. Hard to pass up.
1000005229.jpg

@Janz3n i cubed them up to smoke, but ive also cubed up the point of a brisket. I prefer the flat, so cooking down the point into burnt ends while the flat rests makes something ill more happily eat

Last edited:
@Janz3n i cubed them up to smoke, but ive also cubed up the point of a brisket. I prefer the flat, so cooking down the point into burnt ends while the flat rests makes something ill more happily eat
Was your own special rub/sauce on them?

IMG_8515.jpeg
Cant get into the fancy philly restaurant Zahav, but i can copy chef Michael Solomonov's recipes, pita and Hummus Tehina, plus it goes great with the olive oil I was recently gifted

pot of gumbo for superbowl
IMG_8517.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a good bark. Unfortunately I'm 100% sure the temp gauge I installed on the lid isn't not accurate. I think it was running too hot plus it got way to hot s couple times. Still good just had some dry spots on the edges.

I'm beginning to think beef is more my thing.

1000005238.jpg1000005239.jpg

I dont know about reservations but if youre in phily ill probably feed you

So where I'm from (near Windsor Ontario Canada ) they have a style of pizza called Windsor pizza. Basically it's a thinner crust, they use shredded pepperoni and it's crispy. First picture for reference.

They don't have this where I am now. I used to deliver pizza when I was younger for two different places that made this. So I have been trying to replicate it at home.

First I bought a pizza stone for the oven. Quickly realized that putting pizza on it was very difficult without a pizza peel ( that paddle looking thing ). So my next purchase was that. Last night I was very successful after many failed attempts. I also made a specialty pizza that wasn't on the menu but could be ordered if you knew about it. It is now on their menu. It's the BLT pizza. Bacon lettuce and tomatoes.

Cook the pizza with just cheese and bacon. When it's done you put Mayo on topped with lettuce and tomatoes. Of course I used my home made mayo.
1000005312.jpg1000005302.jpg1000005303.jpg

Doing an experiment with my spare ribs today. Put a temp probe in front of them on the grill and figured out that I've been smoking everything 50F too hot this whole time. Explains why my last brisket turned out decent because I cooked it at 200F according to the thermometer on the lid which was actually 250F where as the others were cooked between 300 and 350F.

I wish I was your roommate….all the nom noms in mah belly. Grocery bill might be high, but would be worth it.

Back