What clutch should I buy?

Through flashpro he can get rid of the check engine light.

Is that all it does? Can you go more in depth possibly on why a check engine would be triggered? Is it due to change of dynamics or rotating mass? I'm like a sponge and want to soak up some knowledge/facts.

Is that all it does? Can you go more in depth possibly on why a check engine would be triggered? Is it due to change of dynamics or rotating mass? I'm like a sponge and want to soak up some knowledge/facts.

from competition clutches -

====
The 2012 and up cars uses a very sensitive crank speed detection system. If the ecu does not see the crank speed up and slow down properly (within what it knows is proper) in between each stage of the 4 stroke cycle (suck, squeeze, bang, blow) it will throw a check engine light and cause the vehicle to go into limp mode.

We have found out that our clutch assembly for the previous gen si's (8037 base kits), when combined with a properly weighted OEM flywheel (22100-RBC-003), will fall within the realm of what the ecu deems as proper and allow the car to run with an aftermarket clutch assembly.

With an aftermarket ecu or perhaps a reflash of the factory ecu you can get around all that and just bolt up a previous gen clutch and flywheel (8037 & 2-800). I hope this clears things up for you.

Thank you,
Dominic F.
Warranty/Tech
Competition Clutch, Inc
====

Flashpro can get rid of the error - coming directly from Doug at hondata.

Thanks... I'm going to work on securing a good ground on my battery as I moved my battery to the trunk. The Optima battery really helped turn the engine over better than stock.
Do you have a DIY on your battery relocation to the trunk, id love to see how you did it and potentially it myself!!

Back