What did you pay for your Honda Care Warranty?

I paid $1,100 for a 7 year / 100k bumper to bumper. Turned out that they quoted me $1,700, to which I politely said, "I'd think about it". The next day, I walked in to to finish up the vehicle paperwork and payment, to which then I was generously quoted $1,100 for the service contract. That morning a diffenent person, the finance assistant, was there at the time, and mistakenly gave us that price. She offered that as a gesture because i was still hesitant on the price. I signed up, wrote the check and drove off. I only know it was a mistake because the next day the financer called and left a message to please come back because "they made a mistake." It's been 30 days. Haven't walked through sales since, and never heard again from finance. Not sure if there's anything different with an online contract, but seems like you still got a better deal!

I paid $1,100 for a 7 year / 100k bumper to bumper. Turned out that they quoted me $1,700, to which I politely said, "I'd think about it". The next day, I walked in to to finish up the vehicle paperwork and payment, to which then I was generously quoted $1,100 for the service contract. That morning a diffenent person, the finance assistant, was there at the time, and mistakenly gave us that price. She offered that as a gesture because i was still hesitant on the price. I signed up, wrote the check and drove off. I only know it was a mistake because the next day the financer called and left a message to please come back because "they made a mistake." It's been 30 days. Haven't walked through sales since, and never heard again from finance. Not sure if there's anything different with an online contract, but seems like you still got a better deal!
I was shocked by initial quote by the dealer... I was lucky to hear about that offer before the 6000 mile mark. When I went back to the dealer to get the refund the finance guy would not let me leave without giving me a lecture on how sketchy this place is and what not. Hondacare is the same thing everywhere, it was obvious these guys were overcharging.

Well, most of the time. I think there are rare exceptions like a private service contacting agency goes under and you're stuck with nothing. Junk like that. Some dealers don't accept some contracts as well as far as I understand. But really, 99.9% of the stuff out there is legitimate. I have my peace of mind.

I got the 7 year 100k mile for about 10 dollars extra a month on my payments. So around 700 dollars. I specified Honda-care, they originally were going to go through Fidelity (Which was probably fine), but I felt my secure it being Honda-Care.

Back