What do you think about this?

The way the 10th is passing the 9th, it looks like it has 70 more hp.... Im having a hard time believing this. I went agaisnt an Evo x when i was stock, and it looked like this.

10th EX-T is about 60 pounds lighter than a 9th SI
Its gotta be this, coupled with the power/time lost by shifting with the 9th manual trans. The Honda CVT is one of the better ones on the market and is always in the perfect gear ratio continuosly

i bet the rims on the new 10th are way lighter than the 9th Si ones as well. rotational mass and whatever

Torque curve. Better useable tq down low in the RPM range. You don't have to rev the engine as far to generate peak power numbers and if the CVT can hold that range better/longer than a traditional gear then there is some time to be gained there.

If the Si peaks at 205hp at 7300rpm but the new EX peaks close to that at 174hp but makes that power from 4-6000 there is a longer window where it is making higher hp/tq than the Si. Overall peak may be less but the time that it makes more power could be a longer.

205hp vs 174hp I will keep my 205hp thank you "men lie ,woman lie ,numbers don't"(jay-z)..lol 2016 civic ex-t 0-60 is 6.8 to 7.2 to 7.5 so explain that.9gen si 0-60 is 6.1 to 6.5

Last edited:
The torque is almost identical on the two cars. Hence, unless you get the RPMS up high enough to make that peak power in the Si the power band may be longer on the new car with less overall peak HP.

Thing is from that article:

The 2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe and Sedan puts out a respectable 205 HP and 174 lb-ft. Car and Driver was able to pull out a 6.5 second 0-60 MPH time.

The 2016 Honda Civic EX Coupe with the 1.5 Turbo is rated at 174 HP at 6000 RPM with 16.5 psi of boost helping push torque numbers to 162 kb-ft...
... according to VBOX, JeffX was able to pull off a 0-60 MPH time of 6.5 seconds

Identical 0-60 times.

The differences now could be made up in tires and curb weight alone. If the SI ran a 6.5 on the summer tire option and the EX ran a 6.5 on all seasons, which car would be faster with identical tires?

It will be very interesting when these cars become more available and some real tests are published.

The whole thing is kinda clickbaity...... Just enough to get people riled up and talking about the new car.

Car and drive got 6.8 out of the 2016 civic turbo that the fastest 0-60 review on all the reviews beside (v-box) every other review it got 7.2to7.8 0-60 time

2bb4897c6fd2d2a11e65332d54c75c1f.jpg

well Flashpro and a intake can get you 190 FT lol. I will post more HP when I get the downpipe and manifold intake

Back