What do you think of the g8 gt?

If I wasn't looking at buying a house, I would just go buy this as well. I'm going to try to get there tomorrow to test it out.

Ive driven one and they're awesome. I types a few searches into google and it looks like theres plenty of the major aftermarket stuff like coilovers and engine parts for it too. Sucks that theyre automatic, thats the only reason i wouldnt get one
Like I said the tranny will eventually go out. I could convert it then. But on the other hand I'm looking at a couple knee surgeries coming up next year at the ripe old age of 23. Maybe an automatic might be better for the knees in the long run.

Last edited:
whoa! knee surgery! Thats serious.

My opinion on the car is don't do it. But, go test drive it. Your impression is going to be way more important than some opinion from a guy on the internet. hahaha.

I have seen a guy with a track prepped GXP that does pretty well. So there are definitely go fast parts available for it. Might be a fun project and sometimes an oddball is more fun to own and drive. I can't deny I haven't looked at weird cars before simply for the fact that there aren't a lot of them around.

Test it and then see what you think after you get to drive your civic at the dragon next weekend.

edit: Check and see if it's part of that ignition recall!

whoa! knee surgery! Thats serious.

My opinion on the car is don't do it. But, go test drive it. Your impression is going to be way more important than some opinion from a guy on the internet. hahaha.

I have seen a guy with a track prepped GXP that does pretty well. So there are definitely go fast parts available for it. Might be a fun project and sometimes an oddball is more fun to own and drive. I can't deny I haven't looked at weird cars before simply for the fact that there aren't a lot of them around.

Test it and then see what you think after you get to drive your civic at the dragon next weekend.

edit: Check and see if it's part of that ignition recall!
That sounds good. Yeah unfortunately I blew out both knees when I was 16 I've already had 2 surgeries and it's looking like I'm needing another 2. Being as big as I was put a lot of stress on my body. The knees just couldn't take the load when I got hit. 6'3 and 285lbs is big 16 year old.

Holy crap! Yea. I'm glad I didn't have to play sports against you in HS! hahahaha.

Holy crap! Yea. I'm glad I didn't have to play sports against you in HS! hahahaha.
Haha a lot of people has told me that. Would have played college but couldn't get past the chronic knee pains.

I'm with you on the knees. Blew out my right knee playing soccer my junior year in high school, and it was never diagnosed or treated right. Almost ten years later, during a annual check up with a new doctor, they tell me I tore my ACL and are recommending surgery for the frequent pain. I'm scared as hell to go through surgery, as I'm the type of guy to ride through most sickness or injury. Knees suck.

I had one for a rental a couple of years ago. It was fun to drive. As the others have said take it for a drive to see how you like it.

I'm with you on the knees. Blew out my right knee playing soccer my junior year in high school, and it was never diagnosed or treated right. Almost ten years later, during a annual check up with a new doctor, they tell me I tore my ACL and are recommending surgery for the frequent pain. I'm scared as hell to go through surgery, as I'm the type of guy to ride through most sickness or injury. Knees suck.
Damn. That's unfortunate. I don't have much of a meniscus in the right knee. I didn't tear the ACL, it stretched more than twice the normal length then chipped the bone. Kind of cool to see on the MRI

Whats weird is one of my roommates just started telling me how he really wants a G8 GT yesterday. I never hear people talk about these cars, and now two people in one day haha

Whats weird is one of my roommates just started telling me how he really wants a G8 GT yesterday. I never hear people talk about these cars, and now two people in one day haha
Haha that's awesome.

The only reason I was even looking is they had it listed as a gt for 12,000 with a lifetime warranty on the engine.

Back