What is the lightest battery for the 9th?

S2KJAY

Orlando
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
Can ANYONE tell me what the very lightest battery for the 9th is in terms of brand and model number?? So confusing which shape and size would work on my car...

If Lithium ion batteries are okay for any car, then I would get the 2.5lbs ones. Lol.

If Lithium ion batteries are okay for any car, then I would get the 2.5lbs ones. Lol.
I've got a Shorai lithium battery in my motorcycle, it was about 1/3 the weight of a standard gel cell. I only put it in this year, but the manufacturer says they are supposed to last longer than typical batteries in that application. That said the last two automotive batteries I had to replace were more than 7 years old so that may not hold true in cars people use every day. I haven't seen any lithium battery applications for cars yet, but I'm guessing they aren't cheap.

I had the odyssey batt in the 8th for a year or so. Worked just like a reg batt and weighed 13lbs or so. Only had one issue when I left the car sitting for 2 weeks. Had to get it jumped....worked just fine afterward.

I've got a Shorai lithium battery in my motorcycle, it was about 1/3 the weight of a standard gel cell. I only put it in this year, but the manufacturer says they are supposed to last longer than typical batteries in that application. That said the last two automotive batteries I had to replace were more than 7 years old so that may not hold true in cars people use every day. I haven't seen any lithium battery applications for cars yet, but I'm guessing they aren't cheap.
I did see a review of a dude who compared a Shorai Battery with a Ballistic Evo2 and a standard Lead Acid. I guess it's okay for bikes to use lithium ion batteries because they don't use as much electrical power as automobiles.

Can ANYONE tell me what the very lightest battery for the 9th is in terms of brand and model number?? So confusing which shape and size would work on my car...

Just curious. Is this just for overall weight reduction, or is there another objective here? What is your goal and what are you gaining vs. cost of replacing (what I assume to be) a good battery?

Just curious. Is this just for overall weight reduction, or is there another objective here? What is your goal and what are you gaining vs. cost of replacing (what I assume to be) a good battery?
Well really just space and weight.. i bought the 6lb braille battery.. very nice, but dies when my car sits in the garage for more than a week at a time..

If you do that often I'd look at a trickle charger.

I did buy one. I noticed I need to charge it once every 5 or 6 days. I have a work truck so The car could sit in the garage for up to 2 weeks at a time.. As long as I keep charging the battery it should be fine I bet. Totally worth it though I love the tiny battery.. I bought the one with wrapped carbon fiber..
282875_10150886693067675_1564757823_n.jpg

It's mainly for weight reduction so the car's center of mass would be closer to the ground. It probably makes a significant change, but not by much.

Well really just space and weight.. i bought the 6lb braille battery.. very nice, but dies when my car sits in the garage for more than a week at a time..
Very nice. 6lbs is insane.

So you're not leaving the charger on the car while it's parked?

no.. just when it starts kinda slow.. should I leave the car plugged in all the time? isnt that bad?

haha, i remember when I had the small batter in my civic, I would refuse to jump people's cars...I'd be like, sorry I have a racing battery in my car, it can't handle certain load levels inherent with jumping another car...which is probably true.

1178-204.JPG

I actually used two of this Ballistic battery for my School's robotic boat project. Each weighs at around 2.4lbs. I wonder if they work well with cars. I know they are great with motorcycles. It just needs to be kept in a tightly sealed case since it is a lithium battery.

Back