What Kind Of Bulbs?

siracergrl

NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Type R
Body Style
4-Door Hatch
What bulbs are used in the 9th? H3 or H4? I'm looking to pick up some yellow bulbs for the DRLs but I'm not sure if I need the H3 orH4. If anyone knows it would be much appreciated. If not I guess I'll take out the headlamp and figure it out.

fogs
12V 55 Watt H11 Halogen bulbs

headlight:
Low:HB4 which is 9006
High:HB3 which is 9005

guess I should mention the daytime running lights run off the high beams - 9005 / HB3

I guess it's the same as the 8thgens.

the 8th generation civic had two different types
Coupe, 921
Sedan, 7440

if you have your manual, it should have bulb replacement info in it. I don't have a manual handy to look currently.

are all the bulbs 35 watt or 55 watt? and if there 35 watt will getting 55 watt bulbs burn the harness?

are all the bulbs 35 watt or 55 watt? and if there 35 watt will getting 55 watt bulbs burn the harness?
are you referring to oem headlight bulbs, or are you trying to put a HID kit on the car?

I want to put a plug n play hid kit so yea in wondering do I need a 55 watt kit or 35watt kit and is a eliminator needed for any bulb out errors.

Anyone just try changing the stock bulbs to something whiter?
I am thinking of going more towards 6k colour temperature. Anybody try Putco bulbs ( i.e. Ion Spark colour) and do you recommend them?
I would consider HID but my 2012 EX 5 speed sedan is a lease....

Thanks!

Anytime you have a bulb with a tint to it - like a blueish looking bulb, it will make your headlights look more like HID bulbs. The bad part, is the lifespan of those bulbs. I've never used that specific brand, but I cannot count the number of people who had similar bulbs last no more than 6-12 months.

point your car at a garage door or wall and show the beam pattern. That should help

Back