What suspension do you have?

clevrname

Ok, so with everyone starting to do mods to their cars, I figured one of the more common things people tend to do is add low to their car. I know we have threads dedicated to Lowered Sedans or Lowered Coupes, but lets use this thread to educate people.

I figured it would be a good idea for people to post pictures of their suspension set up and give a little review of what they think. Was it worth the money? Is it from an 8th gen? If so, did it require any modifying? How does it ride? Are you completely satisfied? These types of questions, so people looking to modify the suspension of their car can use this as a reference. Post pics of before and after of your car, or just after if that is all you have. Post what brand set-up you're running, i.e springs/struts, coils, just springs, and the picture.

This will help people, as stated above, who are looking to lower their vehicle get a better idea of what it will look like and give some great feedback of the review of the suspension, so they may learn some things they did not know about them.

Come One, Come All, I ask for pikachurs to get this thread goin!

I think we should also be using this thread to debate whether to simply install lowering springs, or go with a full coilover kit instead. My personal tastes are function>form, so for me, a civic on coilovers seems like the safest way to achieve a more aggressive look, while also boosting your performance in handling. Plus, I enjoy the twisty country roads too much to be on a lowered civic with weak springs...I'm betting The Dragon eats up those 9th gens on lowering springs alone...as for the 9th gens rocking a full coil-over's?... Dragon steaks, anyone?

Don't have a 9th gen but I can give you my review on my Hybrid HFP suspension on my 8th gen...

You ask what is a hybrid HFP suspension, I have HFP springs and Tockino struts and shocks.

The drop is like a HFP suspension on a 8th sedan, it's about a inch from stock, I don't have before and after pics cause my stock suspension was so bad it doesn't look like I dropped the car.

As for ride quality, it's not a hard rough ride nor is it as soft as a HFP suspension, it's a great comfy dd suspension until you start leaning into the corners and the ride stiffens up nicely...

Pics I have of the front struts.
af33a5c5.jpg

7c08dc38.jpg

Ohhhhh, prettyyyy...I like the D2's look, though. I have a weakness for purple, you see. I'm honestly thinking about purple rims on my black LX...it'd be fairly unique, right?

I've got the HFP suspension on mine and I really like it. The handling has improved a lot and while it's a bit stiffer it still isn't a rough ride. It comes with a fairly hefty price tag ($889 Canadian, uninstalled) but for me it was worth it to both improve the feel/drive of the car and still know that there would be zero issues with my warranty.

You probably can't even tell the difference (since it's only about an inch) but here is with stock suspension:
IMG_2476.jpg

And here it is with the HFP suspension:
DSCF3178.jpg

Ah..Can't wait to get my D2 Racing RS coilovers in custom spring rates! My camber kits come in on Monday.

Does anyone else feel like the wheels look really small on these cars compared to 8th gens? On MissE's second pic the rear wheel looks like a spare!

15-1.jpg

Does anyone else feel like the wheels look really small on these cars compared to 8th gens? On MissE's second pic the rear wheel looks like a spare!
Haha, I decided to save money and go smaller in the back.

It may be the angle But I swear it's a 17 the same as the front!

Back