Wheel alignment

Danny Hsu

If you have aftermarket wheels and all you want is your toe angle adjusted, should you go into your alignment with the aftermarket wheels? Or can you use your stock wheels?

It seems like no matter what shop I go to, I always leave with scratches on the lip of the wheel.

I would get it done with the aftermarket wheels on. I would also go with the wheels on the car, as it could alter things. Your shop should not be leaving any marks on the wheels. Find a new shop. That's not acceptable at all.

I have never scratched a wheel doing an alignment, that's crazy. The measurements will should not change, any considerable amount, between wheels but it's still best to have the car setup then do your alignment. Find a larger, well-known place and if they damage your car, call them out on it. Customers do this all the time, legitimate complaints or otherwise.

I have never scratched a wheel doing an alignment, that's crazy. The measurements will should not change, any considerable amount, between wheels but it's still best to have the car setup then do your alignment. Find a larger, well-known place and if they damage your car, call them out on it. Customers do this all the time, legitimate complaints or otherwise.
Yeah, I have no clue what they did. It seemed like they put way to much force when clamping down the alignment sensors to the wheels. This was a reputable shop that specialized in modified car alignments too.

Some shops have both sensors types, ones that clamp to the outside of the rim and ones that go over the tire. Try to find a shop that has the over-the-tire option or just knows what they're doing in general, lol.

Some shops have both sensors types, ones that clamp to the outside of the rim and ones that go over the tire. Try to find a shop that has the over-the-tire option or just knows what they're doing in general, lol.
Haha yeah, most likely just going to use my stock wheels from now on.

Back