Wheel dealers and forums

Aparajith

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase wheels and tires for my car to upgrade it. Stock is 195/65R15. I am looking to get 17*7.5 wheels and 225/45 R17 tires. Obviously I checked TireRack and they do have a decent collection, but I see the forum and see a lot more wheel brands purchased by other users. Where do you purchase these wheels from. I live in Spokane and the only other option is Discount Tires which has hugely inflated prices and except Konig do not carry many brands.

I am primarily looking for a few dealers online that I can compare prices with and a few forums that I can check reviews on the wheels for.

Thanks!

I'd suggest finding the style you like, and then find the dealers that sell that wheel. Otherwise, you're going to end up looking through 4 million sites that sell wheels.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/9th-gen-civic-wheels-collection-by-brand-pics.5600/
common brands ^ that make a lot of styles. If the wheels aren't in your budget, 99 times out of 100 there are at least 2 or 3 other companies that make "replicas" of that same style/pattern.

Thanks Webby. I had a pretty basic requirement when I posted here first. After going through the forums, I must say I am a little spoilt. My requirements although expanded are still pretty simple:
1. Need a light weight alloy. Not too light or too heavy. I think 18 - 20 is the sweet spot
2. Looking at 17*7.5
3. Looking for a deent branded option - Konig, BBS, Enkei, Sparco, OZ (may have missed a few, still learning)
4. Closer to stock offset of +45
5. A Grey or Black colour
6. Budget - around 150 per alloy or 600 total. Subject to a little leeway

Now with these options, do you think I can narrow down dealers?

So you have no set design/style wheel you like? Any reason for wanting the offset close to +45? It seems like that is one of the reasons people buy aftermarket wheels. They want them to fill out the fender area more than stock.

NLmotoring for XXR wheels. They have a lot of nice looking wheels in your price range. They are not a "good" wheel but I think they are decent for the price. I personally run a set of Konig Feathers on my car. They were 17lbs for a 17" wheel at right around $500 for a set. I couldn't swing a ton for wheels and found them to be a decent compromise for running a wider tire.

Looks is the main thing people go for so post us some ideas of wheels you like the look of even if they are out of your budget. If you love the look of a Volk TE37, there are tons of knockoff brands out there with a similar wheel. Same with something like a CE28N. That's the wheel I wanted but I could not do $3000 for wheels alone so I found a similar looking wheel for far less.

@webby, the primary reason for my upgrade is not to fill the fender area. You gave me suggestions in the other thread here: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-meaty-fitment-functional-thread.10100/page-8#post-397175
So I am looking for is a 17-inch wheel with a 7.5 width that will fit 225/45-17 tire. So I kinda wanted to stick to the stock specs. I am more than open to suggestions and support from more knowledgable members who have experience on the matter.

Coming to think of options, I am looking at models resembling Sport Edition P4 or Enkei Performance GT7 in black/Gunmetal color. I am also not interested in multi-spoke wheel designs like the Enkei CUV. My budget would be about 150 per wheel. I would gladly go with a Enkei, but I see that their cheaper options are close to 20 lbs. Also, I am not sure if a 7 inch wheel would fit the tire. A 7.5 seems to be the ideal size. They seem to be having either a 7 inch wheel or an 8 inch wheel width.

@Nix: Thanks for the suggestion. I will check NLMotoring. Yes, I agree on the price point. I set the budget first and set about shortlisting the available options.

You can still go without an offset lower than +45 in the same width wheel. The lower the offset number, the further the wheel will be pushed towards the fender. It doesn't alter the tire size or anything like that.

7" 7.5" or 8" width wheels would be fine with a 225/45 tire. Offset should stick to something between +45 and +35.

The sport edition P4 looks very similar to the 05'-06' Acura RSX Type-S wheels.

0WZNH.jpg

se_p4_bs_pdpfull.jpg

@webby: Yes, I understand. And you were pretty clear in the other thread that it would fit fine. I will look at other options. The offset value was just to shortlist.
@Nix: Thanks for the info on wheel width. Never knew all 3 wheel sizes would fit the tire. That does give me more options. And on the styling, yes, that is right.
I will check Tirerack and NLMotoring. Any other reliable dealers?

Back