WHEEL HELP ASAP PLEASE!

John_chafin

Georgia
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si
image.jpg image.jpg So I just bought a set of Klutch sl5s with +20 offset. I thought my old strs which I had on before I bought the klutchs were +20 as well, but they were +35. I tried putting the same tire size of 225/40/18 on the new wheels and they sat directly on my fender. I have had my fenders rolled with a slight pull to fit my +35 strs. I think if I went to a 205/40/18 tire or a 215/35/18 tire they should fit without me having to pull my fenders or run more camber. What do you guys think?!! I need help ASAP!! Pictures are where I'm sitting at now with the fenders. But the klutchs wouldn't fit.

Is it rubbing on it right there? It looks like it's clearing from the pic to me?

image.jpg image.jpg
Is it rubbing on it right there? It looks like it's clearing from the pic to me?
Those are my old rims and tires with +35 offset I had my fenders rolled with a slight pull on these. These are my new ones with +20 but I'm just curious if I run a 205/40/18 will I still need to pull my fenders. Also would I be able to run a 215/35/18?

you're gonna have to run a smaller tire and more camber. since you got a +20 offset your rim is gonna poke out 15mm more than it was.. So I would suggest a couple degrees of camber and a 205/40

I
you're gonna have to run a smaller tire and more camber. since you got a +20 offset your rim is gonna poke out 15mm more than it was.. So I would suggest a couple degrees of camber and a 205/40
i would like to not have to run camber. This guy with a 2013 is running 18x9.5 with +10 offset and all he did was roll his fenders.

Reactions: Nix
I
This guy with a 2013 is running 18x9.5 with +10 offset and all he did was roll his fenders.

He could be rubbing like crazy and just not care one bit. Hence, I think you have noticed that the +20 is rubbing hard so I doubt that the wider and lower offset wheel is clearing without -5 camber and a very hard roll of the fenders and I'm sure a very very stretched tire.

18x9.5 +10 is not just with rolled fenders....most likely they are pulled also, and hes probably running a stretch tire
Even through you dont want to run camber or a stretched tire, you will have issues running those specs without going lower and running stretched tires.
It's the offset that is killing you. However, I ran x9.5 +30 on my car on stock fenders and never rubbed, but I also had a 205/40 tire on them with stock settings (length) on my camber arms

Yeah Im trying to go more stretched tire. But my question is can I run a 215/35/18 with pulled fenders and raise my car up a little more

Yeah 215/40 is ideal over 215\35
However, there is information missing from this. What are the width of the wheels?
Like I said before, the widest I've actually ran on my car has been 17x9.5 +30 with 205/40 tires and I never touched my fenders, which are currently still untouched. I have also test fitted other sets of wheels on my stock fenders and have had no issues
Emusa Camber arms are set to the same length as the stock - so Pretty much on stock camber arms
- 18x9.5 +25 Rotiform NUE on 215/40 tires: No rubbing issues on stock fenders
- 17x9 +25 Rota Grids on 205/40 tires: no rubbing on stock fenders.

Ideally, if you don't want to run camber or go low, you need to invest in a smaller wheel like a x8 +30 - +35 'ish
No you can run a x9 +40 or +45 with a non stretch tire and site nice with no issues, but when you run into wheels with x9 and higher with low offsets you are going to have to do a few things to get stuff to fit!

If you have any other questions let me know man, I don't mind helping out!

how wide are the wheels??
and it looks like you went from a 17" to a 18" wheels? am i correct???

from what i can tell you would need to get skinnier and smaller tire and run more camber to be able to fit them better and if you want to go lower.

to keep the same set up you'll have to raise up the car

If it;s hitting hard in the rear a roll might not leave you enough space. Get a grinder and shave the inner lip down flat. It'll also make flaring a bit easier without that extra metal in there. I'm serious about the grinder thing. Be very careful but you should be able to remove the inner fender lip with a cutoff wheel and some flap discs. Then seal it with RTV or similar. I did it on my wifes car and it's held up well for the last couple years.

Back